6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I just bought a new DPMS in 6.8.....
Bought it on a whim, THEN looked for ammo....
Im thinking i might replace it with a 308?

Im on this forum to try and decide if im going to keep the 6.8, or go trade it for the 308 before i shoot it.....

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
ibuiltmine-o1oo said:
Hello!
I just bought a new DPMS in 6.8.....
Bought it on a whim, THEN looked for ammo....
Im thinking i might replace it with a 308?

Im on this forum to try and decide if im going to keep the 6.8, or go trade it for the 308 before i shoot it.....
Welcome aboard. Those are two totally different rounds. It is going to depend on the type of shooting you are going to be doing. The 6.8SPC is more of a short to medium range round while the .308 is pretty much a 0-1000 yard round. As far as ammo, SSA makes awsome ammo for the 6.8SPC. Honestly, I would sell the DPMS or return it if you could and get either a Ko-Tonics 6.8SPC or a .308, depending on what your purposes are. Either way, welcome aboard and hope you stick around even if you decide to get a .308.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i only have about 1000 to spend, so i cant get a more $$ one....
They have bushmasters, too but i think i like the dpms better, eventhough the bushmaster had a heavy barel, and an aluminum hand guard, and was the same price.....

·
Registered
441 Posts
With 1K you can get the Ko-Tonics Upper for $490 plus bolt carrier group will be about $700. You can get a complete Stag lower ready to go from Rainier Arms for $287.95 That gets you a much better rifle and still meets you 1K budget. That gets you one of the top 6.8 barrels and matching upper and lower receivers. You can upgrade anything you want as you feel necessary or have the funds to do so. With it you will be able to shoot the top end SSA combat load and everything else. You will get 1" and under groups with much of SSA ammo.

either way hope you stay around there's a lot of good info and people on this board.

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts