6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been lurking for a few weeks reading threads and gathering information and finally decided to register. Earlier this year I built my first AR and shortly after bought another lower and started building another, well in the middle of that I thought it would be fun to finally join my Grandfather on one of his hunting trip in GA so now I have decided to build an upper(and eventually full rifle) in 6.8 to use when I go with him.

So here I am soaking up as much information as I can.

·
Super Moderator
12,228 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You made a good decision.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Welcome,

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcomes guys and Spearjunkie I'll be sure to take you up on that offer if I run into any issues.

I have it pretty planned out on what parts I want to run, the only decisions I have to make are do I want an 18 or 20 in barrel and what muzzle device I want to run.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
My main hunting 6.8 is a 12.5" barrel that's suppressed and I have a couple in 16" as well. 16" IMO is ideal if you are not wanting to go the NFA route. You do not lose much performance and gain weight with a 18" or 20". As far as a muzzle device, a linear comp would be the route I would go as a brake will rattle your teeth.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input, I'm not wanting to go the NFA route, at this point in time, and after seeing more and more threads of success with shorter barrels I think I'm going to go the 16in route.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes guys and Spearjunkie I'll be sure to take you up on that offer if I run into any issues.

I have it pretty planned out on what parts I want to run, the only decisions I have to make are do I want an 18 or 20 in barrel and what muzzle device I want to run.
Welcome to the forum Mustang Man!

Here's a link to a short video showing initial testing of my ARP 16" SOCOM Profile 5R barrel w/ Vortex Comp 2 compensator:

http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?60767-ARP-Success!&p=712643&viewfull=1#post712643

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
705 Posts
Welcome from South Florida. Have fun with your build. I have an 18 in. ARP and love it. My buddy has a 16 in.
Weight not much different. I like the FPS gain with 18 in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts