6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mainly a bottom feeder guy (pistols) and ARs/223 for competition. Picked up a DD Ambush 6.8 SPC II a few months ago. NIB, but old stock. Always wanted a 6.8 and this one fell into my lap.

Could have not picked a better time to introduce a new caliber in the fold. Right?

It took some doing: I now have Starline, Remington and S&B Brass. I understand Remington is not the best??

I have plenty of primers being I reload 223 by the ton. I have lots of powder, but not the 10x, R7 2200 322 type that seems to be the kitten here. I do have some IMR 4198 and 3031. For small batches, which the 6.8 will be, I use a RCBS charge master so the extruded is not a big deal. So I will start with what I have for now. Picked up some .277 100 and 110 from Nosler and Hornady.

Anyway, glad there is a forum dedicated to this platform. Looks like a wealth of info here.

Best Regards,
Rhett

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee! Good thing you reload, cause new ammo is scarce and overpriced when you find it. Those DD Ambush are sweet, good pick! You do know the Remington will be large primer? Not necessarily a bad thing, lrp is the only primers I can find. Good to have you aboard, tons of good info here!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up on the Rems. You made me look and yes, LR. Oh well, I will put those in the rainy day pile. I have always had good results with Starline in Pistol, so I hope that will be my go to for the 6.8.

·
Super Moderator
21,864 Posts
Welcome to the fray.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Welcome aboard and FYI, your S&B is the best current brass for endurance and volume.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Check out the "Bullet Review " thread in the reloading section for data....

And welcome from the SE corner of GA!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts