6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,736 Posts
I live near New Frontier. This 6.8 says multi caliber and nothing special. Also way over priced.
Description states that it's designed to use the LWRC PMAGS. So, it is unique... and why they're proud of it. However, I thought a cease and desist letter had gone out to those working on offering this type of lower? "?"

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’m interested, but I’ll wait to see if they actually make it out the door in number before LWRC steps in.

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
Description states that it's designed to use the LWRC PMAGS. So, it is unique... and why they're proud of it. However, I thought a cease and desist letter had gone out to those working on offering this type of lower? "?"
I’m interested, but I’ll wait to see if they actually make it out the door in number before LWRC steps in.
And so much for being open source as stated by LWRC in the beginning.

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
I live near New Frontier. This 6.8 says multi caliber and nothing special. Also way over priced.
While higher than standard lowers the price is not all that bad.

·
Super Moderator
11,852 Posts
I've had an account with New Frontier for years. I have always been happy with their products. No problems that I have seen. I am thinking of ordering a few of these just to see how they look.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
So does any 6.8SPC upper work with this lower and allows you to use Pmags?
I'm assuming so. I run my Six8 uppers (LWRC factory and ones I built from stripped Six8 uppers into DIs) on both milspec lowers and Six8 lowers. Only thing they dont jive with is the BAD lever and the Six8 uppers are wider in that area around the bolt control.

·
Super Moderator
11,852 Posts
From the linked ad:
Machined and engraved to be compatible with 45 and 60 degree short throw fire control selectors such as the BAD_ASS ST 45 Lever
Caliber marking of “Multi” so it can be used with many different caliber uppers
Compatible with most standard AR-15 components aftermarket parts

·
Registered
521 Posts
A standard upper and a Six8 upper are not the same. Yes they will both go onto either a standard lower or a Six8 lower but you can't insert the larger magazine far enough with a standard upper for it to work. The uppers have to be opened up for the top of the magazine. Somewhere on here I have pics of this with measurements. I will try to find them.

So

An LWRC Six8 upper will work with any AR 15 lower using metal mags.

An LWRC or this NFA lower will not work using a standard upper.

I have ordered a few of the New Frontier lowers and will update here once they get here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
An LWRC Six8 upper will work with any AR 15 lower using metal mags.

An LWRC or this NFA lower will not work using a standard upper.
I was hoping New Frontier would come out with the upper first so we could put them to immediate use.

Still, at this price I can't resist

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, ChefMatt. I'm glad you have real life experience to share with those of us who are uneducated :a08:

·
Registered
521 Posts
I was hoping New Frontier would come out with the upper first so we could put them to immediate use.

Still, at this price I can't resist
They are showing the slick side uppers in stock now also.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Exactly what I said lol.

Six8 uppers go on milspec lowers. Or did I miss a part of the question here?
Haha, I understood you.I just didn't want someone to think that they could use a 6.8 upper that they built on a regular stripped upper receiver with the new lower from NFA.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Haha, I understood you.I just didn't want someone to think that they could use a 6.8 upper that they built on a regular stripped upper receiver with the new lower from NFA.
Ahh... copy that! I really wish someone else would make stripped Six8 uppers. I have one more left but would live more!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I received a couple of these today and I have to say that they look pretty good. The mags fit like they should.

The finish looks good and matches the upper pretty well. I may order a few of the 6.8 uppers from them to try.

IMG_6500.jpg IMG_6499.jpg IMG_6498.jpg

1 - 20 of 27 Posts