6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks. I’m new. I recently built a 6.8. I’ve handloaded and reloaded for a number of years. The 6.8 kinda kinda confuses me though. Remington makes their cases to accept large rifle primers, while most everyone else uses small rifle primers. I’ve just never ran across that before. For instance, and I know I’m preaching to the choir here, and probably repeating everything people that have experience with 6.8 SPC II already knows, but if you look at say, Nosler’s reloading data, they list the Remington cases and 9 1/2 primers....my question, is ok to use the same loads (bullet weight, powder charges) with say, Hornady Brass and CCI 41’s or 450’s? Does it create an issue? I’d appreciate some insight or experiences on the matter.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome from AR! I can't help you with your reloading questions but there will be someone along soon to help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
There's a fantastic reloading resource in the Reloading section under "bullet reviews." Find your projo and skim that to determine where you will work up from.

The vast majority here use SRP brass and magnum primers (or CCI 41S) are recommended.

Welcome to the board from SE GA!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Howdy from Western Ohio! Can't help you, but there are a lot of guys here who can. Good Luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts