6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my name is Brad and I think I might have the infamous Black Rifle Disease!

I got my first AR in December, bought 2,000 rounds of ammo for it and now I'm building another AR chambered in 6.8. I didn't think B.R.D could mutate this fast!

Anyway, my current AR is a Bushmaster that I bought "slightly" used from a local gun shop. It started out as a regular old Bushy with M4 feed ramps and a flat top upper with a carbine length gas system and hand guards. I've since added a Magpul CTR stock and MIAD grip.I also got rid of the stock carbine length hand guard in favor of a YHM mid length, light weight FF rail with a specter gas block. It came with a Burris XTS 35 red dot sight on it ant I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with that since it serves it purpose quite well.

Now on to the Bushies "Big Brother"! I ordered the 18" SPR upper with a YHM smooth forend from Tim at Ko-Tonics. I think I'm also gonna order a lower from him when he gets a new shipment in stock. Then I'll just need to decide on a scope for it. Something variable power perhaps?

Sorry for the lengthy post, but heres a pic of my Bushmaster to help you all recover a bit! Oh, and Happy Easter to all!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Welcome aboard BRD, I mean Brad. LOL. The Bushmater looks nice. Good luck with the Ko-Tonics.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Nice welcome again. You should really like the KT when it arrives. The 6.8 is a different animal then the 5.56. Its got some punch behind the round with very little extra felt in the shoulder.

Tim

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
nice stick!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Howdy- You shoot at Washtenaw at all? Don't be afraid to try the AR at 600yds there on Wednesdays... Of course more magnification or irons is needed 8)

I had good results with my 6.8 bolt gun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
watersniper said:
Howdy- You shoot at Washtenaw at all? Don't be afraid to try the AR at 600yds there on Wednesdays... Of course more magnification or irons is needed 8)

I had good results with my 6.8 bolt gun.
Washtenaw huh? Can you please fill me in? I'd love to try 'em out at 600 yards! Although I probably wouldn't hit the intended target, it'd still be a good time. It'd be a gamble with the Bushmaster, but the 6.8 is getting a variable power (probably 4-16x56). I should be able to reach out and touch something with that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts