6.8 SPC Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've been happy carrying my Kahn PM9 for EDC for a while now, probably the best little 9mm pocket rocket you can buy IMHO. However, living here on the fringes of the "Wild, Wild West" of Memphis, Tn I'm beginning to feel a bit under gunned, at least capacity wise. These yahwho's around Memphis have turned the expression of "run and gun" into a whole new sport, i.e. let's just shoot everything for the fuc%king hell of it, damn the consequences (if any)!
So I'm gonna up my EDC game a bit. I don't want to go too heavy or bulky so the 1911's, 10mm's and the 12 gauge will have to stay in the safe for now. Here's my options: Glock 19 or 26 in 9mm or Glock 36 in 45acp. While the 36 doesn't have the capacity of the other two, it is a tad slimmer and lighter than the 19 (I have the + one mag extensions, 8 rounds total) and the idea of running .45's down the tube is pretty comforting if you're trading shots with some idiot on I-240. Sooo, if only given those 3 options, which would you choose? :cool:
Of the choices give, none. I'm not a Glock fan, I sold my 19, 20 and 21.

I really like my CZ's, which you did indicated are in your inventory. I don't like carrying my CZ 85, an ambi version of a 75, because I'd hate to give it up as evidence...

I got a Bursa pro in 45 acp 8+1 because at the price point, I wouldn't cry too much if I had to give it up. I have been pleasantly impressed with this pistol. I do absolutely nothing for maintenance, (its filthy and rusted), but it happily eats anything I run through it.

It is, by far, the best fully ambidextrous design of any pistol. Left-handed or ambidextrous friendly firearms may not be important to most, but if your strong side is out of commission, your life may depend on it in a gun fight.

Reactions: earlytom

·
Registered
110 Posts
Of the choices give, none. I'm not a Glock fan, I sold my 19, 20 and 21.

I really like my CZ's, which you did indicated are in your inventory. I don't like carrying my CZ 85, an ambi version of a 75, because I'd hate to give it up as evidence...

I got a Bursa pro in 45 acp 8+1 because at the price point, I wouldn't cry too much if I had to give it up. I have been pleasantly impressed with this pistol. I do absolutely nothing for maintenance, (its filthy and rusted), but it happily eats anything I run through it.

It is, by far, the best fully ambidextrous design of any pistol. Left-handed or ambidextrous friendly firearms may not be important to most, but if your strong side is out of commission, your life may depend on it in a gun fight.
Yep I feel the same way about my my 75 as you do about your 85 Guts. It stays at the house now for the same reason. These days a CZ P09 tags along. Lighter for carry, and has a rail for a CT Railmaster. It's hammer fired and setup with a decocker. It also has a 22LR Kadet Kit which has been real handy this year.

So I get why some wouldn't want to carry certain ones from the household battery, just got too much love for 'em. Especially a CZ. Even Col Jeff Cooper said it was the finest automatic pistol in the world if it came in 45 ACP lol.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Yep I feel the same way about my my 75 as you do about your 85 Guts. It stays at the house now for the same reason. These days a CZ P09 tags along. Lighter for carry, and has a rail for a CT Railmaster. It's hammer fired and setup with a decocker. It also has a 22LR Kadet Kit which has been real handy this year.

So I get why some wouldn't want to carry certain ones from the household battery, just got too much love for 'em. Especially a CZ. Even Col Jeff Cooper said it was the finest automatic pistol in the world if it came in 45 ACP lol.
Well they have the model 97...

I carry a P01 quite often. My 75b is mostly a range gun now, as it's what i shoot in competition. The 2.75Lb SA and sub 5lb DA trigger isnt for self deffense.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well thats EASY because I have been carrying a mid size glock since it has been legal to do so...
The 19/23/3? is about as perfect as it gets IMO The 26/27 is fine if you carry it with the grip extension but then you may as well have the 19

Now that said, check out the Sig 365 If you get the chance to play with one from what I have seen (three guys shooting them in IDPA regularly and my own personal shooting they have solved the problems and they WORK.

it makes the 26 look like a BRICK

but in your choices the 19 and the 26 in a pinch (I have learned if I can conceal the 26 generally I can conceal the 19, not ALWAYS but most of the time.

BTW the reason I sold my J-frame 30yrs ago and still dont have one is one night in Memfas TN .... Nothing happened but I sold the J-frame...

I Think its the times we live in - yea 5 will "probably" be enough but you will "probably" never get in a GF but carrying 1+15 +22 (17 mag with +6) and sometimes +22 more makes me warm and fuzzy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
For the 26/27 you can get the Mag sleeves for the G19/23 mags and basically turn them into a shortened G19/23 I have never had an issue using them IN THE GUN now as for reloading I just use the G17/22 mags without sleeves as they can pinch your hand on a reload (try it in competition first) and you have full size mags with lots of BBs

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been happy carrying my Kahn PM9 for EDC for a while now, probably the best little 9mm pocket rocket you can buy IMHO. However, living here on the fringes of the "Wild, Wild West" of Memphis, Tn I'm beginning to feel a bit under gunned, at least capacity wise. These yahwho's around Memphis have turned the expression of "run and gun" into a whole new sport, i.e. let's just shoot everything for the fuc%king hell of it, damn the consequences (if any)!
So I'm gonna up my EDC game a bit. I don't want to go too heavy or bulky so the 1911's, 10mm's and the 12 gauge will have to stay in the safe for now. Here's my options: Glock 19 or 26 in 9mm or Glock 36 in 45acp. While the 36 doesn't have the capacity of the other two, it is a tad slimmer and lighter than the 19 (I have the + one mag extensions, 8 rounds total) and the idea of running .45's down the tube is pretty comforting if you're trading shots with some idiot on I-240. Sooo, if only given those 3 options, which would you choose? :cool:
I carry a Glock 29 and I put a Pierce +2 on the mag so my pinky wouldn't dangle in the air.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Only those three? PM45 and a couple extra magazines! Lighter, smoother trigger, a sledgehammer and no need to get used to different pistol.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've always wanted a 29. What holster are you using? Just curious.
Sorry, I just noticed your message. I use two different ones, both iwb.

One is a homemade kydex that I use at the 4 o’clock position and the other is an old blade tech design I use when I carry appendix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Like Chitlin's post above, here's my EDC G26 with the XGrip extension, w/G19 Mag. If Glock ever makes a single stack 10mm I just might have to make a change :cool:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Like Chitlin's post above, here's my EDC G26 with the XGrip extension, w/G19 Mag. If Glock ever makes a single stack 10mm I just might have to make a change :cool:
View attachment 70199
I really like the looks of that XGrip. I may have to get a couple for my G27. I would be interested in a 10mm myself.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts