6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been happy carrying my Kahn PM9 for EDC for a while now, probably the best little 9mm pocket rocket you can buy IMHO. However, living here on the fringes of the "Wild, Wild West" of Memphis, Tn I'm beginning to feel a bit under gunned, at least capacity wise. These yahwho's around Memphis have turned the expression of "run and gun" into a whole new sport, i.e. let's just shoot everything for the fuc%king hell of it, damn the consequences (if any)!
So I'm gonna up my EDC game a bit. I don't want to go too heavy or bulky so the 1911's, 10mm's and the 12 gauge will have to stay in the safe for now. Here's my options: Glock 19 or 26 in 9mm or Glock 36 in 45acp. While the 36 doesn't have the capacity of the other two, it is a tad slimmer and lighter than the 19 (I have the + one mag extensions, 8 rounds total) and the idea of running .45's down the tube is pretty comforting if you're trading shots with some idiot on I-240. Sooo, if only given those 3 options, which would you choose? :cool:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a worked over G19 Gen4 with a comp and flashlight in a IWB holster that is in my rotation for carry guns. The other two CC options I rotate (whether dependant) is a full size CZ75 and the CZ75 PCR

·
Registered
849 Posts
The M & P is another good option. Had mine for awhile as a CC gun before I switched to my XDm. Of course I open carry so mot really worried about weight.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have the Glock 27 in 40 cal with the extended mag.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've been happy carrying my Kahn PM9 for EDC for a while now, probably the best little 9mm pocket rocket you can buy IMHO. However, living here on the fringes of the "Wild, Wild West" of Memphis, Tn I'm beginning to feel a bit under gunned, at least capacity wise. These yahwho's around Memphis have turned the expression of "run and gun" into a whole new sport, i.e. let's just shoot everything for the fuc%king hell of it, damn the consequences (if any)!
So I'm gonna up my EDC game a bit. I don't want to go too heavy or bulky so the 1911's, 10mm's and the 12 gauge will have to stay in the safe for now. Here's my options: Glock 19 or 26 in 9mm or Glock 36 in 45acp. While the 36 doesn't have the capacity of the other two, it is a tad slimmer and lighter than the 19 (I have the + one mag extensions, 8 rounds total) and the idea of running .45's down the tube is pretty comforting if you're trading shots with some idiot on I-240. Sooo, if only given those 3 options, which would you choose? :cool:
I too have happily pocket carried a pm9 for years
I use a g19 or g23 with a TLR1 strobe in a safariland paddle or an old custom made IWB
HST ammo In everything

·
Registered
614 Posts
If you have decided on a Glock, the 26 is a good choice. I suggest you at least see if it feels right in your hand if you haven't shot one before.

a p320 has a larger capacity with only a slight increase in width.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Magpul's 12rd mag for the G26 doesn't add much bulk. Gives you 13rds on board. I wish the single stack Glock 10mike-mike would come into reality.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I’ve been CCing a Glock -29 since ‘05. Never felt under gunned carrying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
70 Posts
Glock 19 gen 4. My partner carries the gen 5. Mags are interchangeable. Together we can share 90 rounds. Otherwise I have carried a Kimber eclipse and m&p shield. I recently had a owb holster made for my cz75 sp01. Just for kicks

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kinda like Goldilocks choosing the right porridge .....this time its my Glock 26. What's not to like, unless of course you're a Glock hater. For EDC it really checks all of the boxes for me : power, capacity, size (consealability), weight, accuracy, after market support, and as if not most important, reliability.....it is after all a Glock, they go bang when you pull the trigger (y) . If things get really bad around here I'll probably go the Marty Robins route "with a big iron on my hip". thanks all

·
Registered
461 Posts
Kinda like Goldilocks choosing the right porridge .....this time its my Glock 26. What's not to like, unless of course you're a Glock hater. For EDC it really checks all of the boxes for me : power, capacity, size (consealability), weight, accuracy, after market support, and as if not most important, reliability.....it is after all a Glock, they go bang when you pull the trigger (y) . If things get really bad around here I'll probably go the Marty Robins route "with a big iron on my hip". thanks all
With this PC and cancel culture, you can't go looking for Texas Red, you have to wait for him to come and draw on you now.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
M. I wish the single stack Glock 10mike-mike would come into reality.
That would be cool as long as they maintained decent barrel length to maximize the 10's potential, otherwise its just another 40. 10 fan here, they could sell me one today.....

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
A
A Rock....might actually hit what you are aiming at with it, lol

The new SW Shield Plus looks interesting as does the Ruger variant, both are cheaper than the P365.
Honestly if i had to pick a new EDC it would be the CZ P10C for a midsize, or a Shield (plus) for a subcompact.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Of the three options given, I would go with the G26. Very convenient and concealable in summer clothes.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If I had to give up all my handguns except one I’d keep the G19. That said I generally carry a G26 or 27 with the XGrip and a G19/23 mag in it.

BTW, I’m just up the road from Memphis.
View attachment 69223
Friend was in Memphis and stopped a mid-day robbery with a 44Mag. He told them his wallet was in the console. That gave him time to draw.

I carried both a 357 SP101 and a 40 CZ 75 in Memphis, and was out by dark. We were there 5 months and it was a just not a good time. A lot of hate there.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Friend was in Memphis and stopped a mid-day robbery with a 44Mag. He told them his wallet was in the console. That gave him time to draw.

I carried both a 357 SP101 and a 40 CZ 75 in Memphis, and was out by dark. We were there 5 months and it was a just not a good time. A lot of hate there.
............. = aggressive ignorance

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well Gotfour, I'd try all three out and whichever one I shot the best right out of the box would be my choice, pretty common guns and many rent-to-try ranges probably have them. Caliber and quantity mean little if you can't hit what you want right out of the gate.
Cruiser

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well Gotfour, I'd try all three out and whichever one I shot the best right out of the box would be my choice, pretty common guns and many rent-to-try ranges probably have them. Caliber and quantity mean little if you can't hit what you want right out of the gate.
Cruiser
Thanks, I'm drawing from inventory, so no range testing required. For now the 26 with a mag extension looks like my best EDC option, just fishing for opinions.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts