6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had told Paulo that I would post pics and then details later on my new build once I had it in hand It is not a 6.8 SPC, but it is built using the 6.8 SPC cartridge. It is a 6.8 SPC that is necked down to accept the 6mm bullet. This is my new predator rifle. Some details of it:

Stag Arms Upper and Lower
Bartlein SS Match 5R cut to 22 inches. 1.06 under the float tubes and .940 beyond gas check
JP Enterprises VTac Modular float tube
Jewell Trigger
MagPul PRS stock
MagPul MIAD grip
Larue SPR-S Mount
NightForce NXS 5.5-22x56 with NP-1RR reticle
Bobro Gen2 Bipod
Accushot PRS monopod
Camoflauged in DuraCoat by myself

Built by Danny Cheatham of Tulsa, Ok

After I get some loads worked up then I can put up some details of how it shoots. The test loads fired to tune the gas and test the action indicates that the gun should shoot under half inch groups.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Thanks for posting it here. Looks great.

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
That's a sweet looking rifle!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Very nice Well done!! Now lets see some groups of how it shoots. John Holligers forum for the 6mm SPC should give you plenty of load data for it and what works etc.. They have been loading that round for over a year now.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
very nice I really like the camo job you did out standing

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
When are you going to post a pic of the rifle? All I see in this picture is half a magazine, a pistol grip, and a Nightforce turret cap. The rest of the photo is just green and grey grass?

Impressive build and great optics. Congratulations.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I know I already said I liked it but I have to say the more I look at it, well it actually is looking even better then I thought. I really like the the paint scheme as well. I personally would choose different colors for me but the scheme itself is very very good. Your eyes naturally want to look away from or thru it. I really like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another view of the gun in sunlight

My buddy Kevin behind the gun. You can see the camo effect if you focus on the gun.

A few of the groups from the first day out with the gun testing some loads out to see if the gun can shoot or not. All shots taken from the ground off bipods with a good bit of mirage kicking up and a bit of wind. I will start fine tuning it now to see what it will do. I am loading this for predators and will be using light bullets and most loads that you see listed anywhere are the long heavy bullets for paper punching. That is not what I had this gun built for.

The rifle weighs about 13 pounds total as shown.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
ARPredatorHunters said:
I had told Paulo that I would post pics and then details later on my new build once I had it in hand It is not a 6.8 SPC, but it is built using the 6.8 SPC cartridge. It is a 6.8 SPC that is necked down to accept the 6mm bullet. This is my new predator rifle. Some details of it:

Stag Arms Upper and Lower
Bartlein SS Match 5R cut to 22 inches. 1.06 under the float tubes and .940 beyond gas check
JP Enterprises VTac Modular float tube
Jewell Trigger
MagPul PRS stock
MagPul MIAD grip
Larue SPR-S Mount
NightForce NXS 5.5-22x56 with NP-1RR reticle
Bobro Gen2 Bipod
Accushot PRS monopod
Camoflauged in DuraCoat by myself

Built by Danny Cheatham of Tulsa, Ok

After I get some loads worked up then I can put up some details of how it shoots. The test loads fired to tune the gas and test the action indicates that the gun should shoot under half inch groups.

Nice stick!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Good shooting. The cammo blends in very well.

·
Registered
217 Posts
"Built by Danny Cheatham of Tulsa, Ok"

Do you live in the Tulsa area? and does Danny have a shop there in town? I live just north of the OK border so am in tulsa quite often thanx in advance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts