6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13,757 Posts
I had one back in the late 70s early 80s, loudest muzzle blast of any firearm I have ever owned. Nice but geez if you ever shoot one without hearing protection.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I believe the saying is:

"Need left the building a long time ago..."

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sweet news, thanks for sharing! I wonder how quickly they'll become available and if they'll be anywhere near MSRP...I'm betting no.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I always thought the Pythons with blued barrels were beautiful, but like Constructor said the muzzle blast was ear splitting!🤯🤯

·
Registered
113 Posts
.357 in a 4" is bad enough, a 2 1/2 snub is really bad! Fireball, recoil and muzzle blast is all worse! I love those old school revolvers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My dealers are saying the stainless model is out first and then the blued steel later.
If they are selling much more than the MSRP, I'll wait until the rush subsides.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The price of Colt Snake guns has been high. I've seen them sell for $2K to $3K at auctions recently. I wonder what the availability of new ones will do to the price of the older ones?

·
Registered
113 Posts
The price of Colt Snake guns has been high. I've seen them sell for $2K to $3K at auctions recently. I wonder what the availability of new ones will do to the price of the older ones?
If it follows S&W, they'll go UP! When S&W introduced their "Classic" line of new/old revolvers, the old, original models ticked up in value, at least in certain markets/sellers.

I never saw the attraction to the Pythons, buddy has an original one, it's like any other .357 Mag in my book... But I'm a bit partial to the older N-frame S&W revos.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looks good, but since I have a Dan Wesson with a 6 inch barrel in .44 mag I can't get mama to go for this one. She says I don't shoot all the guns I have now. As I tell her, you can never have to many!

Since all of the anti 2A stuff is going on, she does seem to see it more towards my view now.

·
Super Moderator
21,596 Posts
Looks good, but since I have a Dan Wesson with a 6 inch barrel in .44 mag I can't get mama to go for this one. She says I don't shoot all the guns I have now. As I tell her, you can never have to many!

Since all of the anti 2A stuff is going on, she does seem to see it more towards my view now.
Does she wear all of her shoes?

My best friend had a Dan Wesson .44mag, his had three barrels which could be unscrewed and swapped out. I was offered my pick of his guns after he passed away, I considered this one long and hard, but, opted for the Sig P220 in .45ACP instead.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have a 4" blue python I used as my duty weapon many years ago as a reserve PD. I figured since I could write it off on my taxes, why not?

Changed the stocks to a finger grip pachmyer and it made it much more comfortable and controllable to shoot 357.

Right after buying it noticed the trigger was difficult to pull. Sent it back to Colt to fix. Still I noticed after 50 or so rounds, the trigger would get difficult to pull when shooting the factory Winchester rounds the dept provided.

Any speck of debris under the extractor would cause it to bind. I thought it was because the tolerances were so tight. Looking at the Win rounds unfired, they had what looked like corn media or something around the primers for some reason. All the 38spc and 357 rounds from the dept I looked at were like this. I thought that was the issue since I didn't have the trigger binding anymore with my reloads.

I always cleaned it well after every range session and figured if I was on duty and had to go through 50 rounds I'd be in deep **** anyway. We only carried 18 rounds and I kept an extra box of 50 in the cruiser.

It was also a challenge using speed loaders. There was no forgiveness if a round wasn't perfectly straight going into the chamber. It definitely slowed reloading down.

The blue finish is still like when it was new out of the box. No holster wear I can make out. I've put thousands of rounds through it.

Double action is the smoothest I've every felt on a revolver. It pulls consistently up to the break point. You can pull smoothly through the rotation of the cylinder and can feel a slight stop so you know exactly when it will break.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Does she wear all of her shoes?

My best friend had a Dan Wesson .44mag, his had three barrels which could be unscrewed and swapped out. I was offered my pick of his guns after he passed away, I considered this one long and hard, but, opted for the Sig P220 in .45ACP instead.
Unfortunately I do not have all of the extra barrels. I have all of the tools that came with it, but not the barrels. I would like to find them some day, but that will have to wait until another day. Its a sweet gun!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm not big on revolvers and dont know much about them but what makes these colts worth so much more then a Taurus or similar?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts