6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For all 68forum members and with approval from COLD:

I have been contacted by several of you over the past several weeks wanting to buy one of the Cardinal barrels I purchased from Tim Hicks before Cardinal Amory sold out of all 6.8 SPC barrel inventory in 16" and longer lengths. As long as Tim had remaining barrel inventory, I was unwilling to sell anyone a barrel that could be bought from Cardinal as Tim needed all available cash flow while closing his business. Now that Tim is sold out of all 16�, 18� and 20� barrels…I will now consider selling barrels to those that need them.

I have a limited quantity of new 6.8 SPC Cardinal chrome lined barrels in 1:11 twist and SPC II chamber that have been gauged to insure they are not undersize and that minimum bore is within manufacturers tolerance of .2700� - .2720�. The gas port has been deburred and the headspace checked. The chambers have been reamed and polished to insure no excess chrome buildup.

I have the standard Cerakote coating on most barrels and one 16" standard weight barrel with the $30 optional Ion Bond coating.

Barrel lengths include 16" lightweight, 16" standard weight, and 18" standard weight.

Prices are for bare barrels without a sight base, gas block, bolt or bolt carrier.

All 16 and 18 “ barrel use a mid-length gas tube.

Prices do not include shipping and range from $250 for an 18" standard weight with Cerakote to $280 for a standard weight 16" with Ion Bond coating.

Actual barrel prices and quantities available are as follows:

QTY

(x) 16" Standard weight with Ion Bond Coating $280....................SOLD...pending receipt of funds

(x) 16" Lightweight with Cerakote finish $255....................Both SOLD...pending receipt of funds

(x) 18" Standard Weight with Cerakote finish $250....................ALL SOLD pending receipt of funds

......................................ALL BARRELS NOW SOLD.....Thanks

Payment via US Postal Money Order or PayPal with 3% added. Shipping will be by UPS.

PM me with your needed barrel configuration, method of payment and shipping address.

Thanks.

Kerry

PS.
For those that may question my prices, be aware that these prices were set to offset my labor and cost of bore gages and chamber gages I purchased to inspect each and every barrel. This was done to insure that every barrel was within allowable minimum bore specification.
A purchase from Cardinal at a lower price carried with it a level of risk that the barrel you were buying might be one affected by the excessive chrome issue. My inspection of these barrels has removed that added risk and adds an added value to these barrels.
In addition, I was approached by a distributor who made an offer to purchase all of my 6.8 barrels at a substantial profit. They, in turn, were going to sell completed uppers at inflated prices while the current Obama feeding frenzy is taking place. My preference was to sell these barrels to those who would most appreciate getting an accurate, high quality, chrome lined, inspected 6.8 SPC Cardinal barrel at a fair price… well below what other manufacturers are currently charging and at a time when comparable barrels are unavailable from other sources at ANY price due to demand and extremely long lead times. I hope I’ve made the right decision in your eyes.

K.O.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Both 16" lightweight barrels sold...pending receipt of funds.

Kerry

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 16" Standard weight barrel with Ion Bond Coating is SOLD.....pending receipt of funds.

Kerry

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will take the 18" standard weight cerakote barrel for $250 . please let me know how you would like payment . I also need your phone # if possable

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sneek said:
I will take the 18" standard weight cerakote barrel for $250 . please let me know how you would like payment . I also need your phone # if possable
PM sent requesting your ship to address.

As stated in post...Payment is by Postal Money Order or PayPal with 3% added.

Thanks.

Kerry

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
do you have an 18 inch ion bonded barrel?

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
marinesg1012 said:
I have one on a personal upper...but of the barrels for sale I have only two 18" SPR Cerakote finished barrels left that are not spoken for.

Kerry

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another 18" SPR Cerakote barrel sold pending receipt of funds.

One 18" SPR barrel is all that remains....

Thanks to all who took advantage of these excellent barrels. I wish Tim were still in business and able to supply everyone more of them...

Kerry

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
owenslee said:
marinesg1012 said:
I have one on a personal upper...but of the barrels for sale I have only two 18" SPR Cerakote finished barrels left that are not spoken for.

Kerry
No worries, I dont really need one I was just thinking. I am glad a lot of guys are getting good barrels for future builds.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All barrels are now sold... Thanks to all who purchased.

Be aware however, that I will have a small number of complete 6.8 uppers for sale after mid January. No prices yet but I'll make a separate thread when they are configured.

Kerry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Kerry,
Again thanks for offering these barrels to the board members.
The barrel is 100% new and it is a nice feeling everything will be with specs.

Packaging was great and fast shipment.

Again thanks,
Kentucky Drover

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place, but do you have any of the 16" lightweight barrels that you will be using? If so might one of the uppers be a billet? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
davej518 said:
Not sure if this is the right place, but do you have any of the 16" lightweight barrels that you will be using? If so might one of the uppers be a billet? Thanks.
I do have a couple 16" lightweight barrels going onto complete uppers. The uppers are not billet. They are forged YHM M4 uppers with white T markings.

Kerry

·
Registered
24 Posts
owenslee said:
davej518 said:
I do have a couple 16" lightweight barrels going onto complete uppers. The uppers are not billet. They are forged YHM M4 uppers with white T markings.

Kerry

Thanks and can I get on the list to be notified when you decide on the price?

Dave

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dave,

PM sent...

Kerry

·
Registered
3 Posts
owenslee said:
davej518 said:

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

Could you please shoot me a PM so I can get a hold of you about price and availability? The 6.8 is next on my plate...

Thanks!

Dave

1 - 18 of 18 Posts