6.8 SPC Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
+ Another for ARP. Built 223 wylde and a 6.8 with his barrels and they both get excellent accuracy. in the process now of building a 6.8 on his 12.5" so I can't report on results with that barrel yet but I've got more than one spare ARP tube sitting around waiting for an upper.

I passed on a lot of in-stock barrels from other mfgs. waiting for this ARP 12.5"

can't really beat his pricing either. just wish ARP had some superbolts in stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First post here, I did a lot of reading and searching within the forums and got a lot of great information. So here goes, I am building my first 6.8SPCII soon, This is be a SBR rifle for 0-300 will be shot suppressed and unsuppressed with a dead air sandman-s, I placed an order for a wilson combat 11.3 inch barrel about 5 months ago and still nothing I know they make great stuff but I am getting tired of waiting, called and they said not way to give an estimate on build time. With that being said I am looking at ordering a custom barrel from Compass Lake Engineering. Gun is being built on a BCM upper and Lower, geissele 10inch federal ral and will run the Vltor A5 buffer system. As far as a barrel I am looking at either a Douglas or Bartlein 11inch heavy profile barrel with a 1-11twist, carbine gas system with 5/8x24 threads. My question what size gas port would you all recommend? I am open to a fixed DI system or adjustable gas/piston system like the superlative arms. I look forward to any recommendations and advice thank you.

Brian.

I don’t want to share this link with you because I am weighing buying one and don’t want you to get the last one! You can’t go wrong with Noveske, it’s in stock, 10.5”, Stainless, $350 and it’s Noveske.

Good luck, I just joined looking at doing the same build.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I don't quite follow? You don't want a precision shooter? 2 MOA would be plenty adequate for HD & CQ (50 yards or less). APR barrels have been reported here as .5 MOA. You absolutely don't need that level quality.

You can always continue to wait another half a year to get a barrel. Or buy an APR barrel, have it delivered in less than a week, take it to your gunsmith, have them cut the offensive extra inch off and be shooting the next weekend.

I wish my build project was that easy...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Man wants a 11.5" barrel. Let him have what he wants.
Got no problem with giving the man what he wants. He came on here wanting advice and complaining about long wait times. To better answer one of his question, an APR barrel comes with the correct size port.

·
Registered
506 Posts
If it really matters, its only 1.2" but you get instant gratification.... 😎

• Haha
Reactions: zztopman1

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Got no problem with giving the man what he wants. He came on here wanting advice and complaining about long wait times. To better answer one of his question, an APR barrel comes with the correct size port.
I appreciate the comment, I understand wait times right now, so saying I am complaining about wait times when I have not canceled my order and am willing to ride out the wait time is a little unfair. I own 12.5 rifles and they are nice, however I am building this rifle for a specific role of CQB and vehicle operations, I am doing the Same thing with a 556 and 300 blackout and 6arc with a 11inch barrels, I am also doing a 8.5 inch barrel 556 and 300 blackout so develop some data points for short overall length, accuracy, suppression capability and on target performance. I appreciate everyone's advice which is why I came. I guess I could have explained the purpose in the original post. Thank you again.

Respectfully.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

I don’t want to share this link with you because I am weighing buying one and don’t want you to get the last one! You can’t go wrong with Noveske, it’s in stock, 10.5”, Stainless, $350 and it’s Noveske.

Good luck, I just joined looking at doing the same build.
Thank you for the heads up on the Barrel, I just bought the 10.5 Noveske, Hopefully there is more left for you.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I appreciate the comment, I understand wait times right now, so saying I am complaining about wait times when I have not canceled my order and am willing to ride out the wait time is a little unfair. I own 12.5 rifles and they are nice, however I am building this rifle for a specific role of CQB and vehicle operations, I am doing the Same thing with a 556 and 300 blackout and 6arc with a 11inch barrels, I am also doing a 8.5 inch barrel 556 and 300 blackout so develop some data points for short overall length, accuracy, suppression capability and on target performance. I appreciate everyone's advice which is why I came. I guess I could have explained the purpose in the original post. Thank you again.

Respectfully.
A little unfair?
I placed an order for a wilson combat 11.3 inch barrel about 5 months ago and still nothing I know they make great stuff but I am getting tired of waiting, called and they said not way to give an estimate on build time. With that being said I am looking at ordering a custom barrel...
I think it's a little unfair that I'm being called a little unfair.
Thank you for the heads up on the Barrel, I just bought the 10.5 Noveske, Hopefully there is more left for you.
Congratulations on finding what you wanted. I honestly hope your build is all rainbows and ponies.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
What chamber is used in this barrel?
The guy "Todd K" over on M4carbine use to work for Noveske said they are SPCII chambers, He said he was the one who found the copper ring build up at the 80* cone.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts