6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the AR scene. My wife gave me a 450 Bushmaster for Christmas. I love the gun, but would like to have 6.8 so here I am.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,318 Posts
repmuj said:
I am new to the AR scene. My wife gave me a 450 Bushmaster for Christmas. I love the gun, but would like to have 6.8 so here I am.
Welcome aboard. How's the 450 Bushmaster?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it alot. It kicks similar to a 20 guage auto. I am looking for a red dot type site for it. Its not a tack driver so no need trying to get too accurate with the site. I need something that will make it easy to aquire moving game, but is durable. Any ideas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,610 Posts
Welcome!

I have a big bore AR and the 450 Bushmaster is a lot of fun I am sure. Go with an aimpoint or Eotech and if you go after those Fla pigs, be sure to use the 450 Bushmaster, it will lay them out like the hammer of thor.

The 6.8 is nice because it extends your effective range (compared to the 450 B) 400% at least.

Keep us posted!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know this may be opening a barrel, but do you recommend an upper for my gun to go to the 6.8. I was looking at the RRA upper but they are only 16" and I think I would like 18 or 20.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,318 Posts
repmuj said:
I like it alot. It kicks similar to a 20 guage auto. I am looking for a red dot type site for it. Its not a tack driver so no need trying to get too accurate with the site. I need something that will make it easy to aquire moving game, but is durable. Any ideas?
That is a nice kick. Check out the EOTech or Aimpoint. The Bushnell Holosight is also a good afordable option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,477 Posts
repmuj said:
I know this may be opening a barrel, but do you recommend an upper for my gun to go to the 6.8. I was looking at the RRA upper but they are only 16" and I think I would like 18 or 20.
If your going to own just one 6.8 SPC upper, I would buy an 18" bare upper with Free floating hand guards from Tim at Ko-Tronics. It's accuracy is as good as anything out there plus it has a chrome lined bore. In addition Tims customer service is top notch.
You don't need a compete upper with bolt carrier and charge handle. Just a bare upper with a 6.8 bolt added and the muzzle device of your choice. Then use the bolt carrier and charge handle you already have.

Kerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
I like the 18 as well but if I had to have one to do everything it would be a 16" The 6.8 has developed most of its velocity by 16". It is considered the ideal barrel length. I very much doubt you would be disappointed with it and it would give you more mobility. The only reason I went with 18" after I had a 16" was I personally could balance it better for long off hand shoots. It was a personal thing. The overwhelmingly most popular barrel is the 16" in the caliber. You will be happy with either.

I to would suggest the Kotonics upper. It give you the most for your money but if you are on a very tight budget the RRA is a good option. What ever you do make sure it has an 11:1 twist and or the SPCII chamber. The best option on barrels are either an 11:1 SAAMI or a 11:1 SPCII. They will shoot the hottest round available and will allow you to use some of the hottest reload recipes. For built uppers that leaves you with the Ko-tonic, RRA, DPMS(only there 20" version). Ko-tonics being the best with the best customer support. The owner, Tim posts here regularly. The KT has both the 11 twist rate and SPCII chamber along with a 4 groove shallow land rifling. It is also chrome lined. You can develop hand loads that will shoot .5 moa groups. Most average 1 moa or below.

welcome aboard.

Tim
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top