6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email from these American Veterans selling an affordable suppressor for $299 for .223 caliber.

Sent an email asking questions and got a quick reply. They seem to be really good people.

Here is the link: http://rebelsilencers.com/223-2

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
they also sell a $99 22lr one--- only time will tell how good they are

if you didn't know, here is a quote from their website

" We own and operate 199trust.com and therefore highly recommend it as an option. 199trust is the market leader in gun trust document production in the United States. We’ve done over 20,000 NFA specific Trusts for patriots just like you over the last 4 years"

·
Registered
933 Posts
They aren't starting production till September. If you have a drill press you could do a form 1 for less and a shorter wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought one of their 22 suppressors the day before 41f. Guess I'll wait and see. I did upgrade to stainless baffles, not sure if it'll make any difference.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I'm interested in their $99 22 suppressor, but after shipping and transfer fee it will cost me $200.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
You actually get what you pay for
What does that mean? Are you suggesting these guys product is not very good? I don't know either way, just wondering.

·
Registered
677 Posts
What does that mean? Are you suggesting these guys product is not very good? I don't know either way, just wondering.
I am suggesting that most low end cans do not perform near the same level as the top cans in their segment.

Materials
Machining
Design
R and D
All go into the cost of a can

As long as you don't expect sandman L or surge performance from it you will probably not be disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I am suggesting that most low end cans do not perform near the same level as the top cans in their segment.

Materials
Machining
Design
R and D

As long as you don't expect sandman L or surge performance from it you will probably not be disappointed.

this is entirely correct and right on point!

·
Registered
6,732 Posts

Materials
Machining
Design
R and D

Remember Huntertown arms suppressors? Less expensive than most others on the market, but horrible customer service and louder than any other suppressor on the market...hopefully this new company does not have customer support issues like HA did

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
We had one of these cans come into the shop Saturday on a transfer.

I will not call the machine work crappy, because that would be insulting to crappy machine work. The end caps are bare aluminum. The end caps to do tighten all the way tight against tube. When we unscrewed the cap and took the baffles out there were chips on the can. I think the aluminum on a beer can is thicker than the baffles. The threads on the inside of the tube look like the tube was chattering when they were cut.

·
Registered
348 Posts
We had one of these cans come into the shop Saturday on a transfer.

I will not call the machine work crappy, because that would be insulting to crappy machine work. The end caps are bare aluminum. The end caps to do tighten all the way tight against tube. When we unscrewed the cap and took the baffles out there were chips on the can. I think the aluminum on a beer can is thicker than the baffles. The threads on the inside of the tube look like the tube was chattering when they were cut.
You get what you pay for!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I work in the machining and fab world and have since i was 13 and just would like to point out one thing .......yes there is R and D but that is part of designing a new products you pretty much eat that time and the time spent on ones that dont work out , i see way to many business taking advantage of their customers and the suppressor world is one of them to me the most one should cost would be a couple of hundred dollars the ones putting a 1000$ price tag are just screwing the people that support their company. We have 3 CNC mills and 2 CNC lathes here and i have really thought about getting all the paper work to make some but right now i just don't see that happening becuase of our work load now.
I would like to get one or make one but i'm not going to pay that 200 tax stamp because i believe one day in the near future that will go away i hope i'm not wrong about that , the thing i have never got it why the ATF are such A holes on stuff that really gets me .

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
I work in the machining and fab world and have since i was 13 and just would like to point out one thing .......yes there is R and D but that is part of designing a new products you pretty much eat that time and the time spent on ones that dont work out , i see way to many business taking advantage of their customers and the suppressor world is one of them to me the most one should cost would be a couple of hundred dollars the ones putting a 1000$ price tag are just screwing the people that support their company. We have 3 CNC mills and 2 CNC lathes here and i have really thought about getting all the paper work to make some but right now i just don't see that happening becuase of our work load now.
I would like to get one or make one but i'm not going to pay that 200 tax stamp because i believe one day in the near future that will go away i hope i'm not wrong about that , the thing i have never got it why the ATF are such A holes on stuff that really gets me .
I say you are dreaming---- if anything the regulations are going to get more strict, fees may go up and they may bring other BS into the process in the future ( just like the new 41D, or what ever it is called now) I also foresee that the ATF may be getting into the ammunition business in the future also- regulations, permits, fees etc ---If I could go back in time, I would file more form1's and form 4's if I could afford them

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I say you are dreaming---- if anything the regulations are going to get more strict, fees may go up and they may bring other BS into the process in the future ( just like the new 41D, or what ever it is called now) I also foresee that the ATF may be getting into the ammunition business in the future also- regulations, permits, fees etc ---If I could go back in time, I would file more form1's and form 4's if I could afford them
Makes 2 of us. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy my Innovative Arms suppressor. But for the total price I put into it I would have gotten at least 4 form 1s instead.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts