6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been eyeing the .280 AI for some time, and it really has had me interested for use at longer ranges and/or big game. I've been talking myself out of it as I don't really "need" one, and components ahve been so rare and loaded ammunition non-existent. Even standard .280 Rem is hard to find at any climate, but especially now.

Some time ago, I signed up for in-stock notification for Nosler's factory .280AI brass at Midway. And low and behold, that email just came in. So, I ordered a box of brass and some bullets.

Here we go.....

Any other .280AI shooters out there have any advice for load development or anything else .280AI related?

Reactions: Yamaraja

·
Registered
433 Posts
Your timing is terrible, not because of the lack of components but because I just got one this week! With my purchase I got dies, 100pcs of once fired Nosler brass and a brick of Win. Large rifle primers. No powder yet but I have a box of Barnes 140 TSX to start with.

Any ideas on where you're going to start the loading process or just use what you can find?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I picked up a box of 162gr SSTs to start since they were in stock and relatively inexpensive.

I think I’m going to start with H4831sc and see how it does. If I can find some.
For hunting I’m interested in the TTSX, LRX and Accubond 140-165gr.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts