6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called today to order some SSA ammo. They were all out of the 90 gr. Sierra Combat loads that were accurate in my rifle. :(
The good news is they are going to load the next batch with the 90gr. Speer TNT bullets :) . I am told these are flatter shooting than the Sierras and are cheaper to boot! Way to go SSA, great ammo company! Could these be the next lower cost plinking rounds?

·
Registered
410 Posts
They are supposed to be around $12 a box of 20. I seem to remember somebody saying the Sierra 90's had a thicker jacket than the TNT's??? I'm just trying to figure out how the TNT would be for an HD/LE round.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
rcrandall said:
They are supposed to be around $12 a box of 20. I seem to remember somebody saying the Sierra 90's had a thicker jacket than the TNT's??? I'm just trying to figure out how the TNT would be for an HD/LE round.
If they are decent that would be quite a score. Cheap, accurate and effective... Sort of the Remington 700 of bullets, if they do perform.

·
Registered
441 Posts
As far as shooting targets and range the TNTs are night and day better then the HPs. The TNT is one of the flattest shooting bullets and is the one I used for th comparison to the 308 5.56 and Grendel all of which it shot flatter then. The only bullet to do better and have consistent accuracy is the Accubond. Its has less drop then any bullet I have every used in the 6.8 and has less drop then many bullets with BCs in the .400's. The TNT is my number one pick for any kind of paper punching or varmint shooting it is also on of the least expensive bullets.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Good I need to do another ammo order.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
rcrandall said:
If that is the price, it is great news considering it is a very accurate bullet with a high BC. As far as a HD/LE round, as long as it penetrates 10+", it will be an awesome round. Hopefully DocGKR will test them soon.

·
Registered
882 Posts
wow if they are that price i'll be ordering 200 rounds it looks like. i should just have my paycheck go to them and not to my back :p

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I pre-ordered 5 boxes at $12.99/box plus shipping. The 110 Sierra PH were in stock so I got 5 boxes of them and some more brass as well. I can hear it now -- what MORE ammo? Yeah honey we don't know what could happen after the election and besides we're helping support the US economy. This is important :!: :lol:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glockster, I would give them a call. They were waiting on bullets when I talked to them last week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bushdog45 said:
Glockster, I would give them a call. They were waiting on bullets when I talked to them last week.
Thanks, I'll be doing that. Now if only Nancy can figure out how to send some candies via landline. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts