6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellas,

lurked long enough to get hooked. My goal is to have a rifle that I can use to effectively hunt deer and hogs at reasonable distance.

Swapping the .223/5.56 stuff out for 6.8. Rock River lower, 16" stag 1-11 twist, 15" slim rail, magpul furniture, and vortex 1-6. Bolt getting coated along with upper/lower/rail getting Magpul FDE cerakote treatment. Also waiting for my can to get out of paperwork jail.

Excited is understated! Did suffer a bit of letdown at local basspro paying 34.95 per box of 120 SST... Will get a better source!

I appreciate the info I've found here. Thank you all.
chris

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Hello fellas,

lurked long enough to get hooked. My goal is to have a rifle that I can use to effectively hunt deer and hogs at reasonable distance.

Swapping the .223/5.56 stuff out for 6.8. Rock River lower, 16" stag 1-11 twist, 15" slim rail, magpul furniture, and vortex 1-6. Bolt getting coated along with upper/lower/rail getting Magpul FDE cerakote treatment. Also waiting for my can to get out of paperwork jail.

Excited is understated! Did suffer a bit of letdown at local basspro paying 34.95 per box of 120 SST... Will get a better source!

I appreciate the info I've found here. Thank you all.
chris
Welcome from Florida! Ouch on 120 SST! The cheapest place I have found for 120 SST is LaXammo.com but they have been out of stock for a while now. It goes for $16.75 a box and I usually stock up when they have it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome! Whereabouts in MS are you? I'm in NE - near Tupelo.

A lot of info on this site. I finally bit the bullet and had to get a 6.8. Then had to get the wife one so she wouldn't steal mine! Very fun to shoot and accurate as any of the ten plus deer rifles in my safe.

Yeah - BPS in Memphis was outrageously high on the 120 SSTs. I was buying from Academy for $23, but since their decision to take all ARs off display they won't get another dime from me. Good thing I reload!

Also, try the S&B 110 PTS. Shoot great in mine and may fit the bill for my type of deer hunting. PSA has them cheap from time to time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome! Whereabouts in MS are you? I'm in NE - near Tupelo.

A lot of info on this site. I finally bit the bullet and had to get a 6.8. Then had to get the wife one so she wouldn't steal mine! Very fun to shoot and accurate as any of the ten plus deer rifles in my safe.

Yeah - BPS in Memphis was outrageously high on the 120 SSTs. I was buying from Academy for $23, but since their decision to take all ARs off display they won't get another dime from me. Good thing I reload!

Also, try the S&B 110 PTS. Shoot great in mine and may fit the bill for my type of deer hunting. PSA has them cheap from time to time.
Clinton. I'm very excited to get it finished and try it out! No doubt on the high price tag of the 120's, I just had to have a couple boxes to stare at while waiting!! I do want to get ahold of some of the S&B 110s.
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome from Florida! Ouch on 120 SST! The cheapest place I have found for 120 SST is LaXammo.com but they have been out of stock for a while now. It goes for $16.75 a box and I usually stock up when they have it.
No doubt! Time to do a little online shopping

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
old friend lives in Raymond, i really liked visiting there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts