6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I didn't need this but could not resist. I have been wanting a Single Shot 6.8 for some time but really what I wanted and was looking for was another Martini action to build. But this turned up yesterday in my email. Here is the link if anyone is interested. http://matchgrademachine.com/closeouts/ I called the company today and after talking to the gunsmith I ordered a 6.8mm Rem SPC 18″ Tapered Factory (.725″ Muzzle) contour, 1-10″ Twist. I asked him if he could ream it to SPCII? He said he cut them all to SPCII anybody ordering a barrel really didn't need to know but if someone like me asked he told them.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
thanks, i always enjoy looking at that kind of work. looks as if they do a great job

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
I would be interested in the land and groove ratio.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They make great barrels. Can't wait to see your setup.
Just got the barrel today. It looks great. I won't be able to play with it for a while. We are on our way up north to my granddaughter's birthday

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I just placed an order to MGM for a 14" Encore barrel. Hope to see it mid-Nov or so. If I haven't jumped off the roof due to election results I'll post specifics, pictures and range results. Not concerned with the 1:10 twist as I've achieved several sub moa reloads with that twist. Their chamber is spcII so no issue there. I'll use an older t/c ler 2.7 x 7 scope with lighted recticle that actually performs surprisingly above par. Probably try a Kaw Valley linear comp to tame the front end a bit. Or at least maybe throw the noise down range. I'm guessing less recoil than my current .44 mag Encore......240 vs 95 grain, and a lot flatter shooting. I thought this rig would be neat to use in a pop-up or chair at ranges up to 100yds or less under tree canopy.
Anybody have specifics as to velocity loss for 2" from 16" carbine? I would think that it wouldn't be enough to matter at those ranges??
So for now the wait, seems everything 6.8 involves wait!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 13" Encore and it is doing 2525 FPS with Wilson TTSX ammo. I am going to load up some 85 grain X bullets to see if I can get another 200 FPS.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I still haven't shot my barrel yet. My wife is going to FL next week might be a good time to shoot among other things.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts