6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over the weekend I got myself a little b-day present. Ambush Firearms 6.8 SPCII. I added the Vortex Strike Eagle scope to it too. Scheels had it for $600 off MSRP so i couldnt resist. lol. It's going to be my new deer rifle and maybe a hog hunting trip in the future.

Hopefully not a stupid question, can I use any 6.8 SPC ammo out there? I wasnt sure since it was 6.8 SPCII and all the ammo I have seen just says 6.8 SPC. :a43: Also, what's a decent ammo to use?

Firearm Gun Trigger Air gun Airsoft gun Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft Air gun

·
Registered
101 Posts
Great looking gun.

My answer to your question is yes, for the most part over the counter 6.8spc rounds should work well in your gun.
If what I've read on here still holds merit, your gun may or may not cycle Remington rounds.
Hornady and Federal ammo has cycled well in my rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
515 Posts
Welcome to the 68 club! Good looking shooter.
Most factory ammo, is in fact, SPC, not SPCII. There used to be a few tactical loads that were SPCII specific, but that's a different story to be told elsewhere in this forum.
A lot of us are reloaders that load to SPCII specs (which is really just beyond SAAMI specs, due to the different chamber geometry of SPCII). In the end, don't get too hung up on the subject, since you have an SPCII chamber (read as: SPC that can handle more)
What ammo are you starting out with?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the 68 club! Good looking shooter.
Most factory ammo, is in fact, SPC, not SPCII. There used to be a few tactical loads that were SPCII specific, but that's a different story to be told elsewhere in this forum.
A lot of us are reloaders that load to SPCII specs (which is really just beyond SAAMI specs, due to the different chamber geometry of SPCII). In the end, don't get too hung up on the subject, since you have an SPCII chamber (read as: SPC that can handle more)
What ammo are you starting out with?
thanks for the info. I havent gotten any ammo yet. I do want to start reloading at some point though. I wanted to make sure I got the right ammo first. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts