6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

I found this place through Glock Talk.

I have a 6.8 DPMS. I got the 6.8 because I thought I'd enjoy an AR rifle for deer hunting, and .223 is too small per state regs in Missouri. I haven't had it out hunting (yet), but so far am very pleased with the rifle overall. Now I just need to get some dies and start reloading, as the ammo is EXPENSIVE!

Thanks to all!
Q

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Re: New 6.8 Mamber from Missouri

Welcome Q, what part of Missouri?

·
Registered
7,444 Posts

Welcome aboard....

·
Registered
2,318 Posts

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
-Q- said:
ArtFWTx said:
O'Fallon (near St Louis).
Welcome...

Farmington here....

Wait for an ammo sale at SSA. Recently they had 110g Pro Hunters for $16.50 and 95g Varmiters for $14.95
Last year we had a one time deal at Sportsman's Guide that worked out to $10.82 / box. You can find cheap ammo if you wait for the occasional deals.

If you do reload...head to Sierra in Sedalia and go in the sales outlet door on the left side of the building where you can buy "cosmetic seconds" by the lb. Some of the seconds like the 95g .277 only need to have an air hose blow cardboard debris from the hollow points to make them first quality.

Kerry

·
Registered
896 Posts

-Q- said:
Howdy!

I found this place through Glock Talk.

I have a 6.8 DPMS. I got the 6.8 because I thought I'd enjoy an AR rifle for deer hunting, and .223 is too small per state regs in Missouri. I haven't had it out hunting (yet), but so far am very pleased with the rifle overall. Now I just need to get some dies and start reloading, as the ammo is EXPENSIVE!

Thanks to all!
Q
Hi Q - Perryville, Mo. here! Welcome! I shot a nice 9 pt. with my 6.8 last year and still looking to top that this year. (Actually Mo regulations state any expandable center-fire ammo is legal. I know several people that shoot the .223) Reloading is the way to go.

·
Registered
456 Posts

Hey Q. The 'Q' from CK&G? If so good to see you over here. If not welcome anyways :)

·
Registered
5,217 Posts

-Q- said:
ArtFWTx said:
O'Fallon... I know the area very well. I lived in the STL area the past several years myself. I have been all over O'Fallon with friends living near the Rascals ballpark and down south not too far from the Target on Laura Hill Ln down K/M. I've eaten tons of wings at Ethyl's and watched dozens of Rascals baseball games. I still call the STL area my second home. I really enjoyed living in Missouri. I miss the Cardinals, and the Greatest Show on Turf.

It looks like the Greatest Show on Turf has moved to Arizona. 13 is a good number afterall.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
ArtFWTx said:
It looks like the Greatest Show on Turf has moved to Arizona. 13 is a good number after all.
Sadly so true....But Kurt is still considered a hometown hero...The Rams just made the fatal mistake of trading the wrong QB and then not providing a front line who know how to properly protect Bolger.

An NFL team cannot survive with only a single Pro Bowl Left Tackle...who is now on the DL...and undersized third string players on the rest of the line who have 5X more combined false start penalties than the team has touchdowns...

Kerry

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
owenslee said:
ArtFWTx said:
It looks like the Greatest Show on Turf has moved to Arizona. 13 is a good number after all.
Sadly so true....But Kurt is still considered a hometown hero...The Rams just made the fatal mistake of trading the wrong QB and then not providing a front line who know how to properly protect Bolger.

An NFL team cannot survive with only a single Pro Bowl Left Tackle...who is now on the DL...and undersized third string players on the rest of the line who have 5X more combined false start penalties than the team has touchdowns...

Kerry
I agree. You have to be solid across the offensive line, and you have to have a winning attitude. The whole organization needs to be evaluated. The money they offered Bulger could be spent in other places. There are some really good QB's in the college ranks right now. I think the Rams need to draft and look to free agency to rebuild the entire team. Get rid of the bad attitudes, and rebuild the organization. They could be back in 2-3 years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
owenslee said:
-Q- said:
ArtFWTx said:
Welcome...

Farmington here....

Wait for an ammo sale at SSA. Recently they had 110g Pro Hunters for $16.50 and 95g Varmiters for $14.95
Last year we had a one time deal at Sportsman's Guide that worked out to $10.82 / box. You can find cheap ammo if you wait for the occasional deals.

If you do reload...head to Sierra in Sedalia and go in the sales outlet door on the left side of the building where you can buy "cosmetic seconds" by the lb. Some of the seconds like the 95g .277 only need to have an air hose blow cardboard debris from the hollow points to make them first quality.

Kerry
Thanks! I'll do that!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

ArtFWTx said:
-Q- said:
ArtFWTx said:
O'Fallon... I know the area very well. I lived in the STL area the past several years myself. I have been all over O'Fallon with friends living near the Rascals ballpark and down south not too far from the Target on Laura Hill Ln down K/M. I've eaten tons of wings at Ethyl's and watched dozens of Rascals baseball games. I still call the STL area my second home. I really enjoyed living in Missouri. I miss the Cardinals, and the Greatest Show on Turf.

It looks like the Greatest Show on Turf has moved to Arizona. 13 is a good number afterall.
I live very close to Laura Hill, actually!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts

welcome

We have a "-K-" now we have a "-Q-" too, this site is getting massive....

·
Registered
5,217 Posts

-Q- said:
What high school did you go to? :lol: I'm kidding, it's just when I moved to STL everyone wanted to know what HS I went to or what part of STL county I lived in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

ArtFWTx said:
-Q- said:
What high school did you go to? :lol: I'm kidding, it's just when I moved to STL everyone wanted to know what HS I went to or what part of STL county I lived in.
:mrgreen:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts