6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure anyone who has ARP barrel already knows this but… DANG IT ITS AWESOME!!! Had a 6.8spc for awhile now and me and family liked it so much I decided to build another. Got my upper built and shot a little today with REM 115 FMJ cause that’s the only factory ammo around and I haven’t had a chance to handload for this one yet. This was only at 50yrds but a 10 shot group. Im chomping at the bit to work some loads up and get it stretched out. Just thought I’d throw this out there for someone trying to make up their mind on a build.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
I would venture to say the best barrel for the money to be had. I have several of them and have had for sometime. Couple that with all of H’s contributions here on the forum and you have a winning combination. Glad H is enjoying retirement and Eric has picked up where he left off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now if somebody would just start making brass. My hopes for Starline fade everyday the dot stays red. In my part of the world S&B is like finding a wheat penny. I don’t like the Rem but it’s all I have to work with and it keeps all the other components together so I guess it will do for now.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
You could pick up some S&B FMJ, use it for break in, and then you have fired- formed brass.

Reactions: Txmedic1292

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Yeah, all I have showed up on my doorstep at some point

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
Reactions: NC TX

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Thanks @Equalizer_2 , 200rds S&B shipped is $203 from Surplus (top of the ammoseek list). 200rds of PTS would be about $237.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts