6.8 SPC Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5.56 77Gr. SMK ammuntion is now IN STOCK and ready for shipment
to our preferred customers. Limited Quantities so
please click http://www.ssarmory.com to order:



New 6.8SPC Sierra 90 Gr. HP Varminter is now IN STOCK and
ready for shipment to our preferred customers.
Limited Quantities so please click http://www.ssarmory.com to order:

Should you have any specific questions regarding our
products, please contact the following representatives:

DISTRIBUTOR PRICING & ORDERS: [email protected]
DEALER PRICING AND ORDERS: [email protected]
TECHNICAL QUESTIONS: [email protected]

We appreciate your business.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,610 Posts
Re: 5.56 MK262 now IN STOCK , also NEW 6.8SPC 90 Grain Varminter

I just ordered 200 rounds of the 5.56 and 6,8 90 grain Varmint load.
The lady who runs the phones at the office is a sweetheart!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 77 Gr. 5.56 now IN STOCK, also NEW 6.8SPC 90 Grain Varminter

Both of the projectiles for these new SSA items are Sierra:

5.56 77 grain Sierra
6.8SPC 90 grain Sierra Varminter

thanks Paulo!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
Re: 77 Gr. 5.56 now IN STOCK, also NEW 6.8SPC 90 Grain Varminter

When someone runs them across a chronograph let us know what they are doing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
Re: 5.56 MK262 now IN STOCK , also NEW 6.8SPC 90 Grain Varminter

Cold said:
I just ordered 200 rounds of the 5.56 and 6,8 90 grain Varmint load.
The lady who runs the phones at the office is a sweetheart!
Hi Cold...

I believe you are speaking of Nancy! And yes, she is a sweetheart!! :wink: :wink: I too placed an order just this morning!! :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Just wondering: Is this new 6.8 varmit load the "plinking round" everyone has been waiting for? If, not when will it be available? The way I see it, the more types of 6.8 the better!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,318 Posts
As far as I know, this is not the plinking load.

werra said:
Just wondering: Is this new 6.8 varmit load the "plinking round" everyone has been waiting for? If, not when will it be available? The way I see it, the more types of 6.8 the better!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,794 Posts
Im heard from a very good magazine :lol: this +p was only being sold to Kotonics owners :roll: .
No offfense Tim, some specialist in writing not rifles just crack me up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
constructor said:
Im heard from a very good magazine this +p was only being sold to Kotonics owners.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It might blow up my knew Pac Nor :wink:


There use of +P is even way off. It indicates higher pressure round when used in all guns and guns built to handle the higher pressure. Way off. It isn't +P in the correct barrels it is normal pressure. I hate when mags throw around whatever term they feel like. NO 6.8s AR made to handle any higher PRESSURES then ANY" other. There is no +P unless people are going to be running 65K pressure ammo. Only barrels spec'd to allow an increase powder charge to get higher vel while still under the published max PSI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,794 Posts
Tim_W said:
constructor said:
Im heard from a very good magazine this +p was only being sold to Kotonics owners.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It might blow up my knew Pac Nor :wink:


There use of +P is even way off. It indicates higher pressure round when used in all guns and guns built to handle the higher pressure. Way off. It isn't +P in the correct barrels it is normal pressure. I hate when mags throw around whatever term they feel like. NO 6.8s AR made to handle any higher PRESSURES then ANY" other. There is no +P unless people are going to be running 65K pressure ammo. Only barrels spec'd to allow an increase powder charge to get higher vel while still under the published max PSI.
I wonder if that article was written before or after the Texas trip.
The fact that Arts Barrett wouldn't shoot the combat rounds without swipes surprised him but not as much as the velocity of my 90gr TNT and RE7 handloads. Sometimes it's hard to match the velocity of factory ammo but thats not the case with the 6.8 even with SSAs combat loads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
constructor said:
I wonder if that article was written before or after the Texas trip.
The fact that Arts Barrett wouldn't shoot the combat rounds without swipes surprised him but not as much as the velocity of my 90gr TNT and RE7 handloads. Sometimes it's hard to match the velocity of factory ammo but thats not the case with the 6.8 even with SSAs combat loads.
I don't know but people need to take some personal responsibility for what they put to ink. People read this and look at it as authoritative. I am really glad they show the 6.8 and KT SSA in a really positive light. That is awesome but when you start putting things out like +P ammo and built to handle it that is irresponsible. How hard is it to take the time to not make up things and apply terms incorrectly in a way that could have repercussions

DocGKR said:
That is anything but, "a very good magazine"...
.

I don't know them or have enough knowledge to say but if how this writer presents things is any indication I would have to agree. That is unfortunate. If we could have a honest Mag not influenced into calling everything the next best thing it would be lapped up by readers. If they knew they could trust what they read not having to aways wonder if they are just another shill. There are certainly some exceptions: Pat Rogers and his articles in SWAT and McCLung at SWAT as well. In general I think SWAT is better then most. But I mainly read their articles and skim the rest to see if something is good.

The other thing I think makes the whole thing look like an exercise is the way every mag will have almost the same review of the same guns and or equip all within the same issue time or very close. Some uniqueness is due. I want a Mag that cuts its own path.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,794 Posts
DocGKR said:
That is anything but, "a very good magazine"...
Doc, I couldn't find a sarcastic smilie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
DocGKR said:
That is anything but, "a very good magazine"...
Doc, TimW, Constructor;

I think we all need to take a look at the positives that this article can provide:

1) This magazine (Guns and Ammo) is the most popular magazine for the MAJORITY of gun owners/enthusiast.

2) Being that it is the most popular gun magazine, it reaches people that might not even consider an AR as anything other than that 'NASTY BLACK RIFLE good only for KILLING PEOPLE'. Those people consider anything other than their bolt guns to not be of use for anything else. I'm serious...I have seen and heard it at a lot of gun shops and gun shows. Most people are ignorant of the facts and don't really care unless someone in THIS magazine says so. Remember, they are the majority...we are a very, very select few that are trying to 'help' those people learn. Did I say very enough??? :D Seriously, we are members of several websites. My dad doesn't even go on the internet, but does read magazines.

3) Like I mentioned in (2), there are a whole lot of people that don't even get on the internet or even own a computer. The only way to reach them is through 'main stream' magazines. This is a GIANT step forward for the 6.8 SPC. A LOT of people are still getting use to the idea that you can hunt with an AR.

4) This article reaches THOUSANDS of gun enthusiast that are ignorant, and I use that word in it's literal sense. People just don't know...and for the most part, they are lazy and don't want to do the research to find out the facts.

5) If these THOUSANDS of people read this article and start to think about the AR in a hunting light, then, when they call up/visit their gunshop and ask those people if the rifles that they offer shoot those 'Combat' loads, then, the manufactures will start getting the message...

6) Consumers, not the internet sites, drive industry to change...Sad fact, but none the less, the truth.

7) The article tells Joe six-pack that if he wants the fastest, most accurate (ie. THE BEST) rifle/cartridge he can get; he needs to ask if it has that Improved Chamber thing, whatever that is :? (I'm speaking for him) and yeh, that new barrel twist thing. When he gets the answer that this rifle X will shoot it ok, but he shouldn't get the SSA ammo because it's no good. He will just refer back to this article and tell them that's what he wants, because if he read it in 'this magazine', it's true. He will trust magazine authors before some gun shop commando. Another true fact...

Take care,

Kelly

BTW TimW, I'm not trying to out write your posts, just had a lot to say about the positives of this article... :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
Cohibra45 said:
DocGKR said:
That is anything but, "a very good magazine"...
BTW TimW, I'm not trying to out write your posts, just had a lot to say about the positives of this article... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Smart A$# :wink: Alright now I think I am beginning to get a Rep. :mrgreen:

I can;t exactly say it isn't deserved.

I agree with you onthe article. I am a stickler on correct info. Look at hows much damage and set backs bad info has caused for this round in the past.
But I am super super glad we are getting positive exposure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Tim_W said:
Cohibra45 said:
DocGKR said:
That is anything but, "a very good magazine"...
BTW TimW, I'm not trying to out write your posts, just had a lot to say about the positives of this article... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Smart A$# :wink: Alright now I think I am beginning to get a Rep. :mrgreen:

I can;t exactly say it isn't deserved.
Tim, I'm really getting to like everyone here on the forum. You, Paulo, Constructor, HTR...heck, EVERYONE has been great to talk to.

I just hope we all can share a campsite fire sometime in the future and laugh and tell lies and generally have as good a time there as we have here!!! :D

Take care,

Kelly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
Cohibra45 said:
Tim_W said:
Cohibra45 said:
DocGKR said:
That is anything but, "a very good magazine"...
BTW TimW, I'm not trying to out write your posts, just had a lot to say about the positives of this article... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Smart A$# :wink: Alright now I think I am beginning to get a Rep. :mrgreen:

I can;t exactly say it isn't deserved.
Tim, I'm really getting to like everyone here on the forum. You, Paulo, Constructor, HTR...heck, EVERYONE has been great to talk to.

I just hope we all can share a campsite fire sometime in the future and laugh and tell lies and generally have as good a time there as we have here!!! :D

Take care,

Kelly
+10!!! We can do that right after the hog roast!!!

Dan
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top