6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started 2 new 308 budget builds. Used PA-10 receivers, 20 in barrels, rifle gas and adjustable gas blocks, used A2 stocks with standard A2 buffer and spring. Rifle keeps short stroking. Ejects brass at around 4-430 position. Finally got it to eject and load next round but will not lock back with gas port all way open. Think a buffer spring swap is in order? Cycles with hand and locks back easy. Just not while shooting. Both rifles the same, identical components, tried Hornady, Winchester, Federal, Ultramax ammo. Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
If you are using the standard weight buffer and spring the gas port may need to be enlarged a bit. Have you hand cycled the build to help break it in?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, hand cycled several hundred times. Everything runs smooth, slides easily. I'm using Pmags not noticing anything binding but the spring seems crazy stiff. These are my 1st 308s so maybe they are supposed to be that way. Gas port measures 0.083 with my calipers

·
Registered
360 Posts
It is a AR308 rifle buffer right? They are about 3/4" shorter. Just thinking, if you put together might be using a ar15 one and it's hitting rear of buffer tube and not allowed to travel far enough back. If it's proper 308 buffer perhaps take out weights to see if lightening it does the trick. If it's a ar15 buffer u can cut it down and epoxy the stopper in , or drill new hole for roll pin. Also check Gas block alignment, for strange blockage in gas tube, or gas rings on bolt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts