6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Anyone besides me touched by Nascar's tribute to our fallen hero's? In tears at their half way shutdown and moment of silence.
God bless America and comfort those who have lost loved ones defending our country and Constitution.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Watching the National Memorial Day concert on TV, asking myself why I enjoy the pagentry so much. I came to the conclusion that us Vietnam Veterans had no concerts, no ceremonies.
75th anniversary of WWII, just realized it was the 45th anniversary of the end of the Vietnam War.
The only thing close I had was shaking the Captains hand at bootcamp graduation, awarded Outstanding Recruit. After that, a big fat zero. Even when I made E5, nothing. Told to go on base and get a new ID card photo. Only then did I find out I made MM2 -E5 after 14 months. Of course when we got out, us Vietman Veterans were just happy no one spit on us, no one called us names.
I was so proud when the first Gilf War verterans came home in parades, cheered when the Marine Core band came by with Seimper Fidelis. Proud of my brothers, one a Marine, one Coast Guard and one Army. They were lucky with no wars. But even in peace service men died.

To my service brothers from Vietnam, we are the lucky ones who are still alive, but we all remember our friends, our neighbors who died there. God Bless.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
One of the Bible apps I use has this as their verse of the day. Appropriate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts