6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tim, first off i need to say i'm sorry for being the biggest horses ass and if you want to call me an [email protected]@hole i'm fine with that, i talked alot of trash about you and your uppers without going 100% into checking out the problem with my upper. i sent my upper with 20 of the hornady rounds, 20 ssa combat loads, 20 ssa commerical and 20 remington rounds to a gunsmith to be checked out, he gauged the chamber and did what ever else needed to be checked, every thing funchioned perfect except the (hornadys) as they were the problem to start with blowing primers and not ejecting, he said they didn't even sound rite when fired so i sent him 2 more boxes OF THE SAME LOT NUMBER that i had, he pulled a few loads apart and told me some had different power weights and case lengths and i probely had an ammo issue not a chamber problem, seeing how all the other ammo funchioned fine and no pressure problems. I WAS MAN ENOUGH TO TALK BAD ABOUT YOU NOW I'M MAN ENOUGH TO SAY I'M SORRY

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
That is very nice of you.

What Hornady ammo was it? Can you pull one of the bullets and see what kind of powder it is?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the ammo is hornady 110gr bthp/wc, i can take a pair of plires and pull the bullet,but the powder i don't have a clue, i don't reload

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
tony338um said:
the ammo is hornady 110gr bthp/wc, i can take a pair of plires and pull the bullet,but the powder i don't have a clue, i don't reload
It will either be ball powder or extruded powder. They are easy to tell apart.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it looks long and skinny not short and round some are black and some light gray and not very much in them i know factory rounds arent loaded to the top but you can shake them and hear the powder a little less than 3/4 full

·
Registered
463 Posts
What are the lot numbers? Ihave 200 dollars worth of those rounds!

·
Registered
41 Posts
paulosantos said:

What Hornady ammo was it? Can you pull one of the bullets and see what kind of powder it is?
Email from Hornady tech

Looking in my computer it said that we use the Alliant 10X powder for
the 110 gr HP in the 6.8 SPC round.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry for the delay my son broke his ankle trying to jump his atv now i have a busted up son and the kingquad isn't in to good of shape either, do you know how hard it is to drag a F---ing quad up and down the hills with 2 broken axels :evil: but enough about my problems the lot number for the ammo is 3060027 and its not the ball podwer

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
9DivDoc said:
paulosantos said:

Email from Hornady tech

Looking in my computer it said that we use the Alliant 10X powder for
the 110 gr HP in the 6.8 SPC round.
That was the older Hornady ammo. The new one uses the Ball powder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts