6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 17 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think i've made up my mind. Im looking around at aimpoints, and im hoping to not spend more than $400. I would like to be able to use it for home defense and maybe even some hunting. Is there an aimpoint that fits the bill? I know I could go by price alone (I see ther arent too many $400 and under) but I dont have any experience with these. Thanks!!!

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Paulo!!!

Are there any particular aimpoint models you could suggest?

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no nv
undecided on the magnifier but it is a possibility
300 yards or less

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how does the 2x magnification affect its ability to be used in close quarters?

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks!

Edit: I wanted to ask what the differences are in in the MOA dots? Im new to AR's let alone optics :oops: Im assuming the dot sizes are different but not sure why. I imagine that in a situation such as home defense the size of the dot may not matter that much but when shooting longer distances it could. ??? (Thanks for your patience!)

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you very much!!

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I have yet another question! :lol:

What mount should I get for the CompC3? I see that the optic comes with rings for weaver bases? (Not sure what that means for me) Is there a mount that would allow me to co-witness the red dot with the iron sights? It took forever for me to figure out which scope to go with now I have to figure out how to mount it! :? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.