6.8 SPC Forums banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
70 Posts
Most should work. The ram head where the shell holder goes is pretty much universal and I believe RCBS, Redding, Hornady,LEE, Lyman, etc.. should work on your press.

I just ordered a set of Lee dies for my 6.8SPC they come with a shell holder. The set of pacesetter dies was around $24 with holder.

Does anyone have any info on where I can get these? I have 6.8 RCBS dies so do you think other brands will work on my Lee as far as a 6.8 shell holder. I came across one from Sinclair looks like a #12 the brand is Redding. http://www.sinclairintl.com/product/9142/68-Rem-SPC-Shellholders

- Matt

· Registered
249 Posts
Lee shows the Lee #21 shell holder for the 6.8... I have the lee #19 and Lee #21 and the #19 works as well as the #21 with the brass that I have.

MS

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I did a final search and Midway popped up. I can get the shell holder on the ram #21 for $3.49 (Lee Universal Shellholder #21 (25 Remington, 6.8mm Remington SPC, 30 Remington). They even have the trimmer and I assume shell holder for primer combined for $4.49

· Registered
249 Posts
Thanks for the info. I did a final search and Midway popped up. I can get the shell holder on the ram #21 for $3.49 (Lee Universal Shellholder #21 (25 Remington, 6.8mm Remington SPC, 30 Remington). They even have the trimmer and I assume shell holder for primer combined for $4.49
I think the shell holder that comes with the trimmer will only work with the trimmer. I believe it is threaded to fit a hand held case holder.
If you are using the lee hand held priming tool you will need the Lee primer case holder. I think you can get the entire set for about $12.xx. The primer case holders are in the green plastic box and the press holders are in the red plastic box.

MS

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Added comments.

I think the shell holder that comes with the trimmer will only work with the trimmer. I believe it is threaded to fit a hand held case holder. That is correct
If you are using the lee hand held priming tool you will need the Lee primer case holder.Which I have. I think you can get the entire set for about $12.xx. The primer case holders are in the green plastic box and the press holders are in the red plastic box. I have the red which work in my hand held primeras well. I'll check in the green for furure calibers..

MS

· Registered
249 Posts
I'm sorry, I'm dyslexic...Yes, The red box is the Lee Auto prime shell holders and the Green Box set is the universal shell holders for the press.

ms

· Registered
58 Posts
I've had "issues" needing a Lee Auto Prime shell holder as well. Looks like I need a #21. I _thought_ I had a full set since I have the flat red box of them. But it turns out that box is only 1-12. #1 will hold the case fine but it doesn't hold the brass low enough. The primer seats but it doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the pocket. So I went by my local full service gun store and they had Lee Auto Prime shell holders numbers 1 through 20! So I guess I'm going to have order something from Midway or Graf's.

In the meantime I loaded my first ones by using the primer seating arm on my Lee Turret Press. I hate using that for priming since you get no "feel" and you have to handle each primer. I put on latex gloves so I wouldn't mess them up with oil on my skin.

Gregg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.