6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What length handguard will work with ARP 12.5” barrel and still be able to use suppressor?

I’m building one with all Aero parts.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I assume you are asking what length will cover up the gas block but not cover up the threads .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
The actual length of mine is 11" and there is 1" between the end of guard and threads on barrel . The reason I said actual is some are not the exact as advertised . I have a 9.5" which is supposed to be 9" and a 71/3 " that identifies as a 7" . It needs to be 10.5 " to cover the block so 10.5 - 11 7/8 inch actual length . Short answer order 11" .

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The actual length of mine is 11" and there is 1" between the end of guard and threads on barrel . The reason I said actual is some are not the exact as advertised . I have a 9.5" which is supposed to be 9" and a 71/3 " that identifies as a 7" . It needs to be 10.5 " to cover the block so 10.5 - 11 7/8 inch actual length . Short answer order 11" .

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Depending on the handguard there are tricks. I love my 8" phase 5 tactical slope nose on my 8.5" Might work for your purposes. They do make other sizes

·
Registered
1 Posts
What length handguard will work with ARP 12.5” barrel and still be able to use suppressor?

I’m building one with all Aero parts.

Thanks

Depending on the suppressor, 15” enhanced 2 or quantum handguard over the 12.5” barrel. Total rig length of 18” to 20”

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'm running a ARP 12.5" Barrel with a Samson Evolution 11" handguard and it just covers my gas piston block I'm running a Adams Arms P series piston kit.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Any rail 12" and under. You only need the threads showing on DT suppressors. If using a QD mount like keymo or ASR you can get by with one 12.5" and have a hail between the rail and the suppressor. Read the actual length of the rail because some are not exact in the description. 12" advertised might be 11.7 in the fine print.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the help. Still undecided on which rail but leaning toward building with mostly Aero parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts