6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
When I built my DPMS LR308 SASS I went with the high Burris Extreme Duty Tactical rings, a bit of over-kill but they are high quality and reasonable. I have one of the SWFA SS scopes on this rifle and had to go with the high rings for clearance. After that I got a MagPul PRS so I could get a perfect check weld and this set upis great. I think your scope has a 30mm tube right?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it's a 30mm...you think I'll have to use the high rings...I really hate to change the stock out now...that prs stock is high $$$. -Brown

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mr.Brown said:
Yeah it's a 30mm...you think I'll have to use the high rings...I really hate to change the stock out now...that prs stock is high $$$. -Brown
Go to the Burris web site get the specs on the differant ring heights then do a mock up on your rifle to see where the scope will sit? I think at the minimum you'll need the medium height if you have an A2 stock? You could alway get a Black Hawk or similiar velcro check weld, some come with 3 different height pads. I used to have one on my HBAR.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I currently have the magpul ctr stock on there now...the scope hasn't come in yet I was just trying to get a jump on the rings so I could have it all show up at the same time :D -Brown

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think you could find a check weld pad for the CTR stock, but I'm just guessing?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool..thanks for the help, I have a place here locally that carries Burris rings so i'll check with them to see what they have in stock and go from there.. -Brown

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
I like the leupold tactical rings.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts