6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously this is my first ar :oops: I have a flat top with a basic handguard with no rails on the guard. The leupold mark 2 that I have even with 1" high rings does not clear the front permanent post.and leaves no room fopr the rear BUIS.(It has rail space just no vertical clearance) :oops:
So I was wanting to know what is a good extension to the flat top that would raise the scope up. I do have future plans to replace the handguard to create more room but that is not in the budget right this second.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have done it two ways. One is with a quick-detach scope mount from LaRue Tactical. It's pricey, but you'll forget how much you had to pay when you get it in your hands. Great stuff. The other is a much more affordable mount I picked up from PK Firearms. It's listed simply as a "One-Piece Removable Scope Base." PK also sells flat top riser bases from Rock River Arms, Yankee Hill, etc. for about $50.

Both of these allow the use of my A.R.M.S. 40L back-up iron sight.

Check out PK's "Optic Mounts" (four pages) and I'm sure you'll find something you like. There are plenty of options to fit your budget and personal preferences.

Good shooting,
desmobob

·
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea the rings don't clear. The bell of the scope is to large the other issue is the front post is a nice big translucent image in the sight picture. There is room for the BUIS but no vertical clearance. I'm going to replace the handguard on this one. It is pretty standard but with wanting to find a new lower for the Extreme I have on order. I have to watch the budget. PLus I think this one will be my play one and I can get serious with the Extreme. Of course I still want to shoot this one. Thanks once again for the help Paulo.
Thanks Also desmobob.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts