6.8 SPC Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,745 Posts
Hopefully the new ("Old") "SSA" in the making... but, bigger/better.

Reactions: 270

·
Registered
543 Posts
I chuckle every time I see something like this (not at you Nativeman30!). Once upon a time I had a team leader who wanted us to always have 1000rds, in mags, on us and our ruck. He got us the mags and 2ea SAW pouches (which would be attached to the outside of a large ALICE, each holds 7mags). One in the gun, 12 on the LBE, 14 on the ruck and 3, lol, "wherever you want."

His catchphrase for anything hard was "time to stack magazines..." We were like "you know it! cuz we sure ain't running anywhere quick."
I need to buy some more mags for my banshee. Thats my primary SHTF gun. My 6.8 is the survival/ nreach out and touch someone gun. Banshee is good for 100 yards or so and gives me ammo interchangeably with my XDm

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just looked on Gun Broker, 78 rounds of 120 SST has a bid of $130 on it. Tha's about $1.67 a round.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just looked on Gun Broker, 78 rounds of 120 SST has a bid of $130 on it. Tha's about $1.67 a round.
I just picked up 100 rounds of 120 SST from Dick’s. It was $21.97 per box. About $1.10 per round. I don’t normally shop there but I was getting my hunting license. They had quite a selection of Hornady on the shelves in several different calibers. Unfortunately they only had the 5 boxes of the 6.8 or else I would’ve grabbed more.

·
Registered
166 Posts
WOW, just looked on Gun Broker again, they have 220 rounds of Federal Fusion 115 gr up for bid. Current bid is $395, plus a 3% credit card fee, plus tax and shipping. That's only $1.80 a round before the add ons. I guess I won't complain about paying $23 a box for it any more.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Crazy! Reloaders are a little better off than those buying loaded. I'm pretty stocked, but most components except for primers are readily available in my area or online. I ordered 200 Starline .270 win brass from midway on sale and picked up a pound of h322 and 200 140 gr hornady interlock btsp yesterday at bass pro at their normal high prices.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,608 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Local individual selling 1K rounds of 9mm for $400.
Seems a little pricey for fmj tula

·
Registered
23 Posts
I SAID I WOULD NEVER BIY A 6.5 CREEDMOOR!!! Not a fad buyer. Well my 17yo daughter wanted to graduate from 243 to a harder hitting cartridge for her first elk hunt this year. The only hunting ammo I could find was 6.5.... dammit bought her a ruger American in 6.5 with the last 8 boxes of 120gr at bass pro. Shot up all my 308 168 sst and amax at hogs. Only thing i have now is ball for 308 6.8 and 556... guess I will be capping rioters with my 300wsm.. have 250 round of 200gr ELDs for it!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Crazy! Reloaders are a little better off than those buying loaded. I'm pretty stocked, but most components except for primers are readily available in my area or online. I ordered 200 Starline .270 win brass from midway on sale and picked up a pound of h322 and 200 140 gr hornady interlock btsp yesterday at bass pro at their normal high prices.

Thats funny. Try buying Hornady .224 BTSP, I know you may no be looking but they've been out of stock EVERYWHERE for 2 months.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Thats funny. Try buying Hornady .224 BTSP, I know you may no be looking but they've been out of stock EVERYWHERE for 2 months.
Everything is getting scarce. I stopped doing break in on my new pistol cause I don't want to waste the ammo. I got 300 of the 500 recommended rounds thru it. Just cant find bullets for it. I have powder, brass and primers. Never thought it would be hard to find 10mm bullets.

·
Registered
65 Posts
True enough. I currently only load 6.8 spc and 270 win. I purchase 6.8 spc weight bullets directly from speer and .270 win weight hornady btsp have been easy enough to find locally. Primers though, they're scarce.

·
Registered
543 Posts
True enough. I currently only load 6.8 spc and 270 win. I purchase 6.8 spc weight bullets directly from speer and .270 win weight hornady btsp have been easy enough to find locally. Primers though, they're scarce.

Last I checked cavity back had bullets. Haven't foud CCI 41's but ive found BR-4S lately.

·
Registered
25 Posts
With gun sales at record highs along with the Ammo sales and the news showing left wing radicals with weapons and even shooting up cops with an alk pistol and other black rifles makes me think who is exactly arming up here....
Is it the guys like us who already have a lifetime to stuff or is it the commies just realizing the only way to really turn this country into commie land is the ability to take it by force.
How many (new) gun owner sales have you herd about, that’s mostly what I’m hearing about. People so new and clueless that they buy a glock 45 only to return back and tell the salesman that the the gun won’t work. Salesman says put the right ammunition in it and it works fine.
I been through a few shortages and panic buys to say the least but this one feels different in terms of who exactly is arming up .

my 2 cents

·
Registered
543 Posts
With gun sales at record highs along with the Ammo sales and the news showing left wing radicals with weapons and even shooting up cops with an alk pistol and other black rifles makes me think who is exactly arming up here....
Is it the guys like us who already have a lifetime to stuff or is it the commies just realizing the only way to really turn this country into commie land is the ability to take it by force.
How many (new) gun owner sales have you herd about, that’s mostly what I’m hearing about. People so new and clueless that they buy a glock 45 only to return back and tell the salesman that the the gun won’t work. Salesman says put the right ammunition in it and it works fine.
I been through a few shortages and panic buys to say the least but this one feels different in terms of who exactly is arming up .

my 2 cents
Alot of people are realizing that the gobment wont or literary cant protect them. So there are alot of people with guns that barely know which way to point the thing. As far as people arming up. All I can say is good luck. We have been fighting a guerrilla war for damn near 20 years now. There are lots of retired / discharged vets out there now.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I went to a local gun shop yesterday and they were selling 9mm Blazer aluminum for $40.00 per box of 50. $40.00! I'm ashamed to say that I ended up picking up a pound of H4350 for a .243 project and paid a ridiculous $41 for it. I generally refuse to support price gougers, but I need this powder for my project and knew there was no chance of finding it elsewhere. The store owner asked if I was sure I only needed one. I told him that's all I can afford at these prices.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts