6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kind of correlating the lack of ammo availability to the communists and marxists rioting in the streets of democratic run cities...

Anyone have any insight? Maybe we should post ammo updates. Gunbot.net is not accurate on in stock availability.

·
Super Moderator
11,850 Posts
People are panicked by the virus and all the rioting, uncertainty about the upcoming election. I have read that more people in the US own guns now than ever before in history. More first time gun buyers in the last 4-6 months than any period in history although there is no way of actually knowing that. There is no database they an check to get the numbers.
It is pretty telling that when people start having doubts about the government's ability to protect them, they go out and buy guns, even though they have always thought that guns were evil.

Reactions: Devil Phish

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
It's just trickling in to my local, out in the country, LGS. Everyone I know is buying ammo. The only stuff available off the shelf is the odd ball stuff or big game calibers. But, it's not just off the shelf ammo. Try buying primers, bullets, powder and so on for reloading. Most of the popular items are on back order and many places won't even put you on the notify list for some of it. I did see some .50 bmg primers for sale online the other day.

·
Registered
534 Posts
It hit Tucson and the surrounding area months ago. Luckily my main SHTF is my 10mm. Its not that popular due to recoil, so I can find supplies. Im SOL for 6.8, minus the 200 I currently have. Just cant get small rifle primers.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
People are panicked by the virus and all the rioting, uncertainty about the upcoming election. I have read that more people in the US own guns now than ever before in history. More first time gun buyers in the last 4-6 months than any period in history although there is no way of actually knowing that. There is no database they an check to get the numbers.
It is pretty telling that when people start having doubts about the government's ability to protect them, they go out and buy guns, even though they have always thought that guns were evil.
What Woodstock said........

Remember when Obama said, "When people get scared, they grab their Bibles and Guns."........Yes, it's true.
This is why America is free and gonna stay that way.

·
Registered
160 Posts
A guy who has a show on youtube (TimCast) who says he is a former liberal) said in January he would never have a gun in his house. He now admits he has several. He also said he would never vote for President Trump, now he says he will. Take it with a grain of salt, but fear drives people to do what they normally wouldn't.

Reactions: Devil Phish and 270

·
Registered
8,731 Posts
Saw some .45 Colt just this past Monday in boxes of 50 loaded with a 200 gr JHP for the great price of only $49.99 per box.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I checked my supply of primers last night. Got 2000 of Large Rifle, 1800 small rifle, and plenty of pistol primers. My neighbor is also reloading though and I somewhat supply him. It's hard to believe that EVERYTHING is out. I can still get some bullets, and I have powder at the moment, but I would love to get my hands on some TTSX 95 grain'ers.

·
Registered
113 Posts
was able to get 400 of spear 100 gr HP. That is a big hole out front, but 13 bucks a box from friend couldn't pass up.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Crazy times we live in. Who would have ever thought it would be cheaper to build an upper in a caliber you have ammo for than just buying ammo to fit the rifle you have.
Cheaply made 308 ammo going for $39.99 a box.

10mm ammo going for the same price as 308.

·
Super Moderator
21,731 Posts
Indeed... last week I walk inside my Credit Union and was challenged for NOT wearing a mask upon entering. A year ago, I'd've had the Police called on me if I did so.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Crazy times we live in. Who would have ever thought it would be cheaper to build an upper in a caliber you have ammo for than just buying ammo to fit the rifle you have.
Cheaply made 308 ammo going for $39.99 a box.

10mm ammo going for the same price as 308.
Yeah they ran out of 9mm so people started moving to other calibers. You can still find 155 grain 10mm, but good luck on 180s. Bout to swing by my local store next week and buys a couple boxes of 155 xtp. I got brass, primers, powder already. I have some 180s, but the are HAP (basically ball)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Finally showed up in my area this weekend. Our state had a 2nd amendment tax free weekend. Shelves are bare everywhere. Ammo, powder, primers all wiped out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,731 Posts
IIRC M855 is rapidly approaching $600 a thousand. Even TulAmmo is hitting $600 a thousand on AmmoSeek.com

Who thought there would be the day that .223/5.56 FMJ would be going for 60 to 65 cents a round?

Reactions: constructor

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can tell you locally there are guys definitely at academy right before open buying up what they can and flipping it . Somehow the logic of three boxes means three boxes of 50 is the same as three boxes of 500.

·
Registered
160 Posts
IIRC M855 is rapidly approaching $600 a thousand. Even TulAmmo is hitting $600 a thousand on AmmoSeek.com

Who thought there would be the day that .223/5.56 FMJ would be going for 60 to 65 cents a round?
I went to a gun show on the 22nd of Aug, Tula 5.56mm was going for $15 a box of 20, other normally cheap ammo was going for $20+ a box of 20.

I seen zero 6.8 SPC rifles ofr ammo, zero 6.5mm rifles.

·
Registered
8,731 Posts
I was in my closest gun store today and the rifle rack still had quite a few rifles but I didn't look to see what chamberings or overall models. The pistol cases were a different story, very few revolvers and just a few more semi-autos. Ammo shelves were picked over pretty hard. Did see a few boxes of 6.5 Creedmore but not a lot. Didn't look at other calibers as I was in a hurry. They had like 3 boxes of .22 Mag 30 gr Varmint loads but nothing else. .22 LR was restricted to one box and kept behind the counter. Shorts were on the shelf with a 5 box limit on ammo, this was total and not per caliber.

This store serves both central Western NM and central Eastern AZ and generally has a very large and varied selection of guns and ammo.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Just saw a box of (50) 9mm FMJs for $60 at a "discount" store. Box of (20) .223 PMC 55 FMJ for $25. The cheapest box of (50) 22 Rimfire was $20. It will be interesting to see how long this lasts.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts