6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all three components are sold as the same color. Different manufactures for each piece (Barrel, Upper, and Lower) - as you can see they don't match at all. Any idea which each piece is?

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
Sniper gray upper and barrel, burnt bronze lower. This is why I never buy cerakoted parts. I Get everything together first then send them out myself for cerakoting. They always match.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is why I never buy cerakoted parts. I Get everything I want colored then send them out myself. They always match.
If they were close I didn't care that they don't match Perfectly - but the lower is completely different. I messaged Cerakote directly for thier input, once I get something back from them I'll let everyone know what is what. But keep your inputs coming, want to see if one color holds true over and over.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
If they were close I didn't care that they don't match Perfectly - but the lower is completely different. I messaged Cerakote directly for thier input, once I get something back from them I'll let everyone know what is what. But keep your inputs coming, want to see if one color holds true over and over.

Thanks
Problem is that every cerakote dealer is an independent applicator. Even though the products all come from cerakote they can vary a little just by how the individual mixes them. Even when you order a part from someone like Black Hole or Aero Precision, they use a licensed independent cerakote applicator to color their parts.
Also, as a photographer I can tell you that what one person sees on their monitor may not be the same as what the next sees. Unless everyone has color calibrating software for their monitor, their is no telling how many answers you will get.
But yes, you have two completely different colors. Did you check with the dealer who sold it to you to make sure someone didn't just ship the wrong part?

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
looks like the lower is not the same color as the barrel and upper, looks like a mistake may have been made

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But yes, you have two completely different colors. Did you check with the dealer who sold it to you to make sure someone didn't just ship the wrong part?
Have reached out to each dealer to verify colors, awaiting responses.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
So all three components are sold as the same color. Different manufactures for each piece (Barrel, Upper, and Lower) - as you can see they don't match at all. Any idea which each piece is?

what color is this ?I think I've seen this question before !!!

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Blue and Black :)
that's what I said too, but my wife swears it's white and gold...she told me that brown and green don't go together either...I told here to tell that to the military!;-}

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
that's what I said too, but my wife swears it's white and gold...she told me that brown and green don't go together either...I told here to tell that to the military!;-}
Looks white and gold to me. I wonder what that means.

Do all left handed receivers have the ejector door open upwards?
I believe they are, otherwise the dust cover would flip down and block access to the bolt release.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Looks white and gold to me. I wonder what that means.
Just means you're more I touch with your feminine side :a32:

(It actually has to do with the way your brain processes the nerve response/stimuli associated with colors ...but that's not as fun)

·
Registered
6,957 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Not sure if it helps or not, but the three on the left are Tungsten Gray and the three on the right are Burnt Bronze (all in the C-series air dry):

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
Just means you're more I touch with your feminine side :a32:

(It actually has to do with the way your brain processes the nerve response/stimuli associated with colors ...but that's not as fun)
I've been in touch with a lot of feminine sides over the years. Not so much lately though.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Barrel & upper look to be Tungsten.

Lower looks like bronze/burnt bronze.
I agree with this. If that upper and lower were to match, they screwed up. Here is a customers build in Tungsten, stock/grip and small parts are black.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts