6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my new Aero handguard arrived at the house and this was the last piece of the puzzle needed to put together my 6.8. I got out my Magpul do all super mega wrench and discovered it won't work on the Aero barrel nut so looks like I'm gonna be looking for a new wrench. How do they measure barrel nut hole spacing is it center to center or outside to outside? The Aero nut is 1/3/4" on the outside and around 1/9/16" on the center , most sellers of these wrench's do not list the dimensions of them, I think it was Right to bare Arms listed the Mcstar wrench at 1/3/4" for the barrel nut end it looks like this is the one I need what do you guys think? Anyone have experience with the Aero handguard barrel nut I don't want to buy another wrench that won't work for this application? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mark

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Well my new Aero handguard arrived at the house and this was the last piece of the puzzle needed to put together my 6.8. I got out my Magpul do all super mega wrench and discovered it won't work on the Aero barrel nut so looks like I'm gonna be looking for a new wrench. How do they measure barrel nut hole spacing is it center to center or outside to outside? The Aero nut is 1/3/4" on the outside and around 1/9/16" on the center , most sellers of these wrench's do not list the dimensions of them, I think it was Right to bare Arms listed the Mcstar wrench at 1/3/4" for the barrel nut end it looks like this is the one I need what do you guys think? Anyone have experience with the Aero handguard barrel nut I don't want to buy another wrench that won't work for this application? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mark
Mine came with a wrench and barrel nut

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
which handguard did you get, the Enhanced or the other one?

·
Super Moderator
12,228 Posts
Any of the three prong style barrel nut wrenches should fit. If you buy the M4E1 upper it comes with a barrel nut wrench which is different than the BAR nut that you use if putting the handguard on a standard upper.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
which handguard did you get, the Enhanced or the other one?
Thanks for your reply's guys . Crayj I have a regular ole garden variety Aero upper not enhanced and I do believe it is called a Bar nut and it didn't come with a wrench, thanks again.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts