6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a Modern Outfitters Modern Carbine MC5 6.8spc here is a short overview of the rifle and the first hunt with the rifle. Very first field I ran into two group of hogs ended up taking nine. Should have been many more but I was so excited to try out this rifle I forgot to change out the mag and only had eleven bullets in the rifle uggh. Ended up with 11 total for the night.

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Sweet. I follow you on Twitter too and appreciate that you don't just link to your FB or Instagram like so many others. Tell Modern Outfitters to give it a try too.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet. I follow you on Twitter too and appreciate that you don't just link to your FB or Instagram like so many others. Tell Modern Outfitters to give it a try too.
Thanks! I'm not very good at the twitter somehow when I upload a video to youtube it instantly goes over there otherwise it would never get done ha. I'm old and don't know how to use all the social media stuff myself so try to share these in every format.

·
9,111 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
All I see on their site is 6.8 mags. All rifles are either .223/5.56 or 300 Barack Obama's
No 6.8 rifles listed...

Edit: I do see the 6.8 all over their Facebook page however....

·
Registered
374 Posts
Todd, not to put you on the hot seat, and feel free to ignore this as you see fit . . .

How do you compare your trusty LWRC Six8 rifles (whatever length you choose) shooting suppressed as compared to your new Modern Outfiters Modern Carbine MC5 shooting suppressed? Is there much of a weight difference, etc.? Also, I know you reload, so are you having to change your OAL at all as you step back from the Six8 mag to the more standard legacy-sized 6.8 mags?

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Todd, not to put you on the hot seat, and feel free to ignore this as you see fit . . .

How do you compare your trusty LWRC Six8 rifles (whatever length you choose) shooting suppressed as compared to your new Modern Outfiters Modern Carbine MC5 shooting suppressed? Is there much of a weight difference, etc.? Also, I know you reload, so are you having to change your OAL at all as you step back from the Six8 mag to the more standard legacy-sized 6.8 mags?
The MC5 is lighter so there may be slightly more felt recoil but not enough that you can really tell.

I miss the full ambi controls of the LWRC when shooting the MC5.

I need to shoot them side by side and have someone else shoot them as well to make a judgement on sound while suppressed.

As for loads I never changed my original load so they fit in all my mags, magpul, asc, pri. I do miss the 30 round capacity when shooting large groups of hogs.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice looking rifle... Not to change the subject, but what happened to your dead hog counter?
I still have it got tired of the you only killed X amount of hog I killed XX amount of hogs in six months. Kind of like wow that's a huge hog how much does he weight? Well he was 310 pounds sir. Oh that's nothing my brothers cousins sisters boyfriend kills 500+ pound hogs every night. Just took the fun out of it for me. I'm more focused on the tactics and helping people be more successful than the tallies now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts