6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally got here on friday (took almost 12 weeks)but weather and work have kept me from shooting it till today. Take a look at pic one to see why.

first one to the range
Guess it a good thing i got the winter trigger guard lol

I was bothered a bit that the Caliber and twist were not visibly stamped on the upper anywhere, Mike said it was something he was remedying and would fix it if I wished later.

The Fluting brought the weight down considerably as it is noticably lighter than My 20"SS BBl upper. Mike did a great job on the trigger and the rifle had a great fit and feel for me.

here is pic of the rifle 23 inch BBl and 1-10 twist. I'll take some close up's when I get a chance.

Rifle

Mostly I was doing BBl break in. I put together 2 different safe loads to sight in Scope (6-24 X 50 Burris) and go through break in proceedure.

I put 30 rnds through during break in and did it in 3-5 shot groups toward the end to see how it shot. Most groups were right around 1 inch.

I was using 40 gr V-max with H 4895 and 34 gr Dogtown with Varget. I came home and loaded up some various loads to try for some better accuracy. I'm hoping for 1/2 MOA or better.

second trip to the range

I braved a light snow and cold and was at the range this AM at sunup. Weather report called for windy conditions later and I wanted to take advatage of the morning calm.

I loaded up 30 rnds of Dogtown 34 gr hp with Varget and H-4895.

best group was .441 with 28.5 gr varget. .645 - .204 = .441 A little tweaking and I might have my load.

best group
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/ricky_arthur/100_2977_edited.jpg

gun pics

gun pics close up

It's snowing hard right now but If it calms I'll go try 28.3 and 28.7 to see if I can improve.

Ricky

[/img]

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Looked liked like a nice group to me, question, who made the upper?

I didnt think I caught that in the read?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Very nice. More and more, the A2 stock is becoming my favorite stock again. It just looks good and feels good. I never seen one of those .204 rounds before. What is it based off of?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cold said:
Looked liked like a nice group to me, question, who made the upper?

I didnt think I caught that in the read?

The upper was made by Mike at Dedicated Technologies.

Paul, I almost got a colapsable stock, but couldn't decide on which one I wanted. By default I asked for an A2 stock and that is possibly the best choice I made in the build :lol: . It fit's me perfectly.

The .204 is made off the .222 magnum case. I Have several nice shooting rifles of various calibers that sit dusty in the gun cabinate since I got my first .204. IMO it is the best Coyote down to Prairie dog caliber. Very little recoil and very fast and flat, in the AR platform it should be lethal on any varmint. If you havn't shot one, you must find someone who has one and go shoot it. I guarantee one will find a way into your arsenal. :D

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
interesting..
I bought a 204 Ruger Low Profile Varmiter, first rounds using 40g Hornadys were touching each other
I have thought about selling it and getting a nice 204 upper
what length barrel?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts