6.8 SPC Forums banner

My First CZs

3K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  StingRay 
#1 ·
I've always wanted a CZ but never bought one for some reason. Over the last two weeks I've bought two. My first is a CZ 75 B SA that is so fun to shoot. It's accurate, points naturally and light recoiling.

The second one is a CZ P-07 with a FDE frame. I bought this one online and still waiting to get my hands on it.

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice handguns. I especially like the way the rails are built on the P07. Gives it a smooth clean look. I haven't handled any in person but I have sold a few of the EAA clones.

#6 ·
The P-07 finally came in.

Feels good in the hand. First thing I did was swap out the decocker for the safety so I could carry cocked & locked. Double action pull is quite heavy and will need worked on. I'm happy so far, can't wait to go shooting.

#8 ·
Seriously considering a CZ 75 clone. Picked up a SCCY 9mm a few months ago and I think it's going to make a nice little carry gun. Kinda want a larger 9mm for shooting at the range. Dad picked up a Tristar CZ clone and it's pretty nice. I'm thinking about an EAA Witness Polymer.

#9 ·
I have carried a SCCY for about a year and a half or two years and believe it is a much overlooked subcompact. But as a subcompact it is not a good choice for general range shooting IMHO. I have an all steel EAA Witness in .45 and I do like it, just wish you could get mags with a capacity of more than 10 rds.

#11 ·
I love my CZ75 SP-01 with the decocker. The way the slide rides inside the frame keeps the bore axis low and the short chambers keep the bullet close to the lands to make it easy to shoot accurately.

I'm struggling with the decision to sell my S&W M&P FS9 and move on to the P-07. I really have grown to like the DA/SA trigger more than striker fired and consider them safer all around for carry.

#12 · (Edited)
I bought my first CZ about 3 months ago and like it a lot. I opted for the CZ P-01 due to the light rail. It was super accurate right out of the box with the (not so great) stock sights but I upgraded to the Truglo TFO's which are much better. I also replaced the guide rod with a metal one. I was considering getting a second one and having the slide milled for a RMR but from what I have learned they cannot mill the slide deep enough to co-witness so I guess it (my CZ) will just have to hang out and look good until I need to shoot some 9mm. Not my primary but if the SHTF, I would look long and hard at the CZ before choosing.

I have heard they can have problems in fine sand. I read about an experience at a training class where the shooters were dropping mags into fine sand and it stuck to the magazines and eventually caused malfunctions (fail to feed)... I wasn't there & didn't witness, and I am familiar with the stringent NATO testing process the P-01 passed. Just thought I would mention it. It's in the comments of this link:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/06/gl-kohler/gun-review-cz-75-p-01/

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.