6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Though I would post up my build as it progresses. Built two 5.56 platforms so far so this should go well I hope.

No pics so far as my parts are not all in so the build has not started just yet. Most parts should arrive this week and some next week.

What I have bought/ordered so far:

- SOTA forged upper receiver
- SOTA billet lower receiver
- ARP Scout profile barrel
- ARP Super Alloy bolt
- SLR 7 adjustable gas block and gas tube
- BCM PCT Enhanced lower parts kit
- Anderson Tactical charging handle
- Anderson buffer tube, spring and carbine buffer
- Omega Super Compensator muzzle brake
- Matrix 11" Charlie Keymod free float rail
- (1ea) YHM 30rnd magazine and (2ea) ASC 30rnd mags (1) C Products 5rnd mag
- Vortex 4-12x40 scope
- Magpul polymer BUIS
- Magpul carbine collapsible stock

·
Registered
906 Posts
Pretty good parts list. Never heard of SOTA or Davidson Defense, but your ARP, BCM and SLR components are certainly top notch.

As far as I know, Hexmag won't work for 6.8.

I didn't realize YHM makes 6.8 mags. Does anyone know if they are rebranded ASC or CPD?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Pretty good parts list. Never heard of SOTA or Davidson Defense, but your ARP, BCM and SLR components are certainly top notch.

As far as I know, Hexmag won't work for 6.8.

I didn't realize YHM makes 6.8 mags. Does anyone know if they are rebranded ASC or CPD?
SOTA is a Minnesota arms maker "State of The Art" acronym. Never heard of them either but the price was good for a billet lower. May not stay with the build though if it doesn't act right.

I may have ordered the Hexmags incorrectly then. I got the link http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?61674-New-Mags-Trying-to-get-a-6-8&highlight=hexmag to their products from a thread here and just assumed they were 6.8 mags. Anyway, I can always use more 5.56 mags.

The YHM mag is ASC according to the floor plate stamp but it was in a YHM package. That is why I only bought the one mag.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts