6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was finally able to put together my first 6.8 rifle. As funds were limited, I had to do so on a small budget.

The build started when I saw PSA selling their 16" CHF barreled uppers on sale. Ordered a Stag bolt from IWT. An ALG ACT trigger, ASC mags and some parts from MagPul. Everything else was spare parts on hand.

Took it out to the range today and put 100 rounds of XM68GD down range. Rifle and mags functioned 100%. Everything grouped around 2ish MOA at 100 yards. Considering this was a break in shoot from an improvised rest using a a really cheap Simmons scope in a Primary Arms budget mount, I was happy.

I'm planning to use this rifle for deer season next year. Hopefully prior to rifle season Tge optic and mount will be upgraded. I'm going to try some Hornady factory 120 SST to see how they group.

Gun Air gun Airsoft gun

·
Registered
152 Posts
Good lookin rifle, that could be the big brother of my psa 556 rifle. I really like the way ogd and black go together.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
i have the basic black version PSA offers, added the ambi BCM charging handle and an ARP superbolt along with a Fail Zero carrier, it digests S&B 110 fmj really well. i like your add-ons, i've always fired it with a carry handle sight and the basic front post, never scoped it. looks like you have a winner there

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's another pic showing what is, IMHO, the most important 6.8 accessory
;)
Tree Plant

I'm very happy with how the brass catcher worked out. I fired 100 rounds, and brought home 100 pieces of brass. No issues with extraction or operation with the brass catcher installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts