6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

After the debacle that was this Election, the Irish Accountant has agreed to a full auto MP5 - it was that or a Barret M82A1. She agreed to the MP5. Though, I could see her shooting the Barret and loving every second of it. But the MP5 will be more practical (?) and easier for her to shoot. Not to mention, ammo wise, alot cheaper.

How much work is this going to be to be?

I am a FLEO - do I need to buy a pre 86 or will I be able to purchase a newer one?

I have a Class III dealer who is willing to sell the gun at cost, plus the transfer fees and shipping. So, what am I looking at price wise?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
Let me know how it works out, I was told that I had to purchase pre 86 model if it was to be my privately owned weapon but if I wanted to purchase one and "donate" it to my Department I could purchase new. Then if I ever retired, died, got fired etc. it would have to remain property of my Department.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It has to be pre 86. You being LE has no influence as its your gun not the LE depts. You are looking at $14K + unless you know someone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tim,

I was advised to buy a full auto sear - those run 13k then I can legally add it to any MP5 I buy that is semi-auto.

I talked to a friend who has his Class III and he advised me to go another (legal route) that will allow me to buy post 86 guns. And they are alot cheaper. Still going to be something of a headache, but if I want big boy toys, then I am going to have to Cowboy Up and deal with it.

The only thing that being a FLEO offers me is that I do not have to have the local Chief sign off the form.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts