6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after trying for 2 years now finally talked the wife into moving back home so in my old age I can enjoy life before I croak in my home State. Have a very good friend in Bandera and the way it worked out am buying his house, it is smaller, good for down sizing with just the 2 of us but the best thing is the 3 stall barn 24x44, and an air conditioned workshop 24x40 on 2 acres outside of Bandera in Bandera Ranch Acres. In a lease here so having to wait till Oct to move but gives us time to get everything done.

A Vet owned range for $100 Lifetime very close by, so who is in the area??

Barn

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Nice Frank!! If we end up anywhere in TX I'll come visit and drink all your beer!

Heinous typos thanks to autocorrect.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you will be welcome Gabe but not ALL please...

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Samson, I cannot wait, already have some hunting buddies there!

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
Nice Frank, I know you've been wanting to do that for awhile.

Sent from a final firing position, the crosshairs are on you!

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes Sir, on my Bucket List, finally gonna get done! Best is the deer, hogs, rabbits and even the occasional axis deer wander through the property.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Welcome back Home Frank.
We know you we enjoy it!

Dennis

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys...good to hear ERod, I hate to be fighting with the 300wtf guys all alone...lol

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pitbull, It was in the heat of the moment, trust me on that! In 2000 Bush needed my vote in FL not TX so I voted here, now I guess my vote is needed back in TX! I did leave with a paid off mortgage and am coming back with one so I might have screwed up there!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Pitbull, It was in the heat of the moment, trust me on that! In 2000 Bush needed my vote in FL not TX so I voted here, now I guess my vote is needed back in TX! I did leave with a paid off mortgage and am coming back with one so I might have screwed up there!
You may need to vote in both states this go around.......lol

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've actually grown quite fond of that part of the state lately. We have an office in SA I'd like to transfer to. I really need to visit more often. Haven't actually visited SA in 12 years though. Just drove through.

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
Good to have you back Frank, I ride the Harley often in the area. That part of TX is on my bucket list too.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I may be able to vote in both...

UofH, I love SA and the Hill Country, use to live at Canyon Lake. The wife's kids live in Pearland and I convinced her Bandera was better, that and the property taxes are at least 1/2 of other Counties, we are retired and that matters.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WAS!! hey my buddy rides with the Combat vets there and is getting ready to leave for Ca then Wash DC in Ride for the Wall for the 8th time or so. Bike riders reall seem to like the area, use me for a pit stop overnight!

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
WAS!! hey my buddy rides with the Combat vets there and is getting ready to leave for Ca then Wash DC in Ride for the Wall for the 8th time or so. Bike riders reall seem to like the area, use me for a pit stop overnight!
Like wise my friend, don't be shy to ask for help either. You know go ol southern hospitality and all.

·
Administrator
22,085 Posts
I can tell the bones are at rest already with the coming move back home for you Frank. Congrats on that. I'm very happy for ya Kemosabe. Visiting the Lone Star State is on my bucket list. And, now that I'm back to work, and accruing leave... it may actually HAPPEN one day.

This week's been kinda nice. I did a couple of days worth of trimming a deck, and today, some framing!!! Something besides back-breaking demo (fit for young bucks). More framing work tomorrow too ! (Nice)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.