6.8 SPC Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
When will they shut down forums like this?

·
Super Moderator
12,053 Posts
Just keep the political rhetoric to a dull roar and hopefully we will go unnoticed. Some pretty crazy stuff being discussed on Arfcom from what I understand. Just keep in mind that political discussion has always been against the rules here. We have been letting it slide recently but it can be stopped at any time if it gets out of hand.

Reactions: zztopman1

·
Registered
124 Posts
On a brighter note, this has fully exposed the evil and malicious intents of bad actors and exposed the massive corruption in the government. As dark as it seems, I personally believe that God is working on big changes behind the scenes we cannot yet see and drawing out the evil into the open as a part of that process. It must first be exposed before the ax goes to cut it down at the roots. Otherwise it will grow back up quickly. The prince of darkness has been a looser since the beginning and he's going to loose again! I do not believe America is finished yet by any means and our King takes care of his own.

If we (Christians) are the salt of the earth and stand firm in his ways and turn away from our own wrongs (repentance), doing what is good and right in his eyes, resisting evil, speaking truth, he will fight for us and heal our broken land! But hey, I'm just a crazy follower of Jesus believing in seemingly impossible things that make no sense at all in the natural view...I'm praying and waiting for the parting of the Red Sea as Pharoah's army is within spitting distance of wiping us out. Lets just say it did not end well for the Egyptians....

For those would dare go further than censorship / political / religious persecution and resort to physical violence against my family, neighbors or myself, I have a powerful tool(s) and responsibility from my creator to resist them with force:

·
Registered
483 Posts
I think people could make a real difference by voting with their dollars. Its hard though for a lot of people to stick to it. It needs to be a coordinated effort. The flip of it is more conservatives have financial interests in business than the opposite end.
While, I understand what you are saying and agree with it, it isn't quite that simple from what I see.

Unfortunately most people have to earn and spend money to survive. I can't say from looking at them what my local businesses support, but the vast majority of them are national chains and I can almost guarantee that if I looked into them they wouldn't be people I want give my money to. Walmart, Kroger, Publix, Target to name a few and there are no truly local small business alternatives left. Unfortunately if I want to buy food, clothes, cleaning supplies, other bare essentials I don't have other choices.

I'm spending money to further my education to get a better job and from the emails recently send by the school president I know which way they lean (same direction as 90% of other colleges). Guess what, don't have much of an option on that front either. Either spend the money and attend class, or don't spend the money and don't get the education which will further my career. With my current classes I've almost got my sophomore year done, but if I transferred to a more friendly school I could only carry over three classes.

I only have one option for internet service provider, and I have to have access to do school work. I only have one option for power company. I only have one option for cellular network that works at my house and hunting lease (verizon) and am using the prepaid alternative (straight talk) because it's what I can stomach the monthly bill for. Basically the only frivolous bill I have is SiriusXM, but I'm not dropping that one regardless of their politics because I hate the local radio stations even more.

Aside from gun stuff, my hobby spending is on an old truck I'm slowly fixing up. There's not a whole lot of places to buy parts for a 68 Ford F-100 4x4. I would hope that those companies would have a favorable political affiliation seeing as a lot of people that are into old vehicles have similar interests and hobbies. If they don't, still got to buy parts and don't really have other options. I suppose that you could call the truck a family heirloom, lot of sentimental value. I can't say I'm going to work on it fast, but not working on it isn't an option.

I'm just saying that voting with the dollar would be great, but for a lot of people it isn't an option. It's going to be hard to get people to stop buying groceries at X grocery store, when X grocery store is the only one in town. Same for the local department store, gas station, or even Amazon. Some stuff has to be bought and sometimes (many times?) the bad choice is the only choice.

Sorry about the long winded post!

·
Registered
202 Posts
While, I understand what you are saying and agree with it, it isn't quite that simple from what I see.

Unfortunately most people have to earn and spend money to survive. I can't say from looking at them what my local businesses support, but the vast majority of them are national chains and I can almost guarantee that if I looked into them they wouldn't be people I want give my money to. Walmart, Kroger, Publix, Target to name a few and there are no truly local small business alternatives left. Unfortunately if I want to buy food, clothes, cleaning supplies, other bare essentials I don't have other choices.

I'm spending money to further my education to get a better job and from the emails recently send by the school president I know which way they lean (same direction as 90% of other colleges). Guess what, don't have much of an option on that front either. Either spend the money and attend class, or don't spend the money and don't get the education which will further my career. With my current classes I've almost got my sophomore year done, but if I transferred to a more friendly school I could only carry over three classes.

I only have one option for internet service provider, and I have to have access to do school work. I only have one option for power company. I only have one option for cellular network that works at my house and hunting lease (verizon) and am using the prepaid alternative (straight talk) because it's what I can stomach the monthly bill for. Basically the only frivolous bill I have is SiriusXM, but I'm not dropping that one regardless of their politics because I hate the local radio stations even more.

Aside from gun stuff, my hobby spending is on an old truck I'm slowly fixing up. There's not a whole lot of places to buy parts for a 68 Ford F-100 4x4. I would hope that those companies would have a favorable political affiliation seeing as a lot of people that are into old vehicles have similar interests and hobbies. If they don't, still got to buy parts and don't really have other options. I suppose that you could call the truck a family heirloom, lot of sentimental value. I can't say I'm going to work on it fast, but not working on it isn't an option.

I'm just saying that voting with the dollar would be great, but for a lot of people it isn't an option. It's going to be hard to get people to stop buying groceries at X grocery store, when X grocery store is the only one in town. Same for the local department store, gas station, or even Amazon. Some stuff has to be bought and sometimes (many times?) the bad choice is the only choice.

Sorry about the long winded post!
I totally understand, it's near impossible to completely do it but small things for what you can do. Just taking a proactive approach as anything. Nothing like this is easy. If each person does something small it can add up big time. Previously I did most all my shopping on Amazon. I can do most of it local, it will just take a little more effort. Will I give up amazom 100%? Probably not but I can limit it. I gave up Apple, Walmart, Organized sports etc. Long ago before all this crap even started. So those are easy ones for me.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Also, I live a very simple life. Almost all my hobbies are paid for and I'm not materialistic. It's hard when dating though and she wants to goto a movie and I'm like. "Screw hollywood" lol

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
On a brighter note, this has fully exposed the evil and malicious intents of bad actors and exposed the massive corruption in the government. As dark as it seems, I personally believe that God is working on big changes behind the scenes we cannot yet see and drawing out the evil into the open as a part of that process. It must first be exposed before the ax goes to cut it down at the roots. Otherwise it will grow back up quickly. The prince of darkness has been a looser since the beginning and he's going to loose again! I do not believe America is finished yet by any means and our King takes care of his own.

If we (Christians) are the salt of the earth and stand firm in his ways and turn away from our own wrongs (repentance), doing what is good and right in his eyes, resisting evil, speaking truth, he will fight for us and heal our broken land! But hey, I'm just a crazy follower of Jesus believing in seemingly impossible things that make no sense at all in the natural view...I'm praying and waiting for the parting of the Red Sea as Pharoah's army is within spitting distance of wiping us out. Lets just say it did not end well for the Egyptians....

For those would dare go further than censorship / political / religious persecution and resort to physical violence against my family, neighbors or myself, I have a powerful tool(s) and responsibility from my creator to resist them with force:
To this I say AMEN!
If you don't believe it then you haven't read the Bible, God has always used the UPRISING of the enemy to get the people to WAKE UP.

Israel was told for centuries to take the LAW seriously or else... if you wanna know what it means to have God's Hand removed from your country, read Lamentations!!!
The absolutely horrible things the enemy was allowed to do to God's chosen people, the people he loved so much, would shake you to your bone.

I couldn't AGREE with Lion more, except it's gonna get a lot WORSE before it even gets better.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Latest company that decided to step in it.

No surprise, AIG received $150,000,000,000 from Obama/Biden bailouts. Time to toss uncle pervert Joe a bone.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just seen Cisco is cutting funding to those politicians who voted against the election. And mentioned how "big tech" can help the country move forward. 🙄

·
Registered
226 Posts
If Twitter can do what it wants because it's a private company, every small business in the country should be open right now.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
21 - 40 of 56 Posts