1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
I have already cancelled all of my Apple, Google and Amazon accts. Trying to move my CC processor and gateway now, then comes stamps.com and Fedex

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've been bad and got band from just about the whole damn interweb, sept for 68 forums , so I don't have much in the way of links.:cautious:

·
Super Moderator
12,047 Posts
I closed out my American Express account yesterday and will close the other the end of the week. They cancelled all of Donald Trumps accounts and refuse to accept donations to his campaign so I will cancel them.

Reactions: ozarkpugs

·
Super Moderator
12,047 Posts
I have already cancelled all of my Apple, Google and Amazon accts. Trying to move my CC processor and gateway now, then comes stamps.com and Fedex
Who did you go with for a web browser. I am using Google Chrome and would love to ditch them but is there any that are any better?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Same, getting ride of FaceBook (never was on Twitter) and Amazon. Don't use Apple. Unfortunately Apple and Android (aka google) are the only choices for cell phone operating systems. But at least you can choose to use hardware not associated with google' s Android OS.

How this level of persecution does not raise massive red flags among Americans of any view point is beyond me. Censorship is censorship, regardless of which views are being censored. EVERYONE has a right to speak their views regardless of how right or wrong, good or evil they are.

Ideals generally rise and fall on their intrinsic merits. It is when only one view is able to be heard that ideals no longer rise and fall on merits, but on the propaganda effect. They essentially become forced and artificial.

For the record, just so no one can claim I'm some "trump worshiper", as a Christian, I see Trump as a broken and sinful man not so different from myself. He doesn't know everything, doesn't get everything wright and some time puts his foot in his mount. BUT, he is actually enacting the will of those who voted him into office and NOT forcing those who disagree with him to bow down to those ideals.

He is 1. Advocating for the right to life (pro-life) 2. Advocating the right to bear arms 3. Rebuilding the border wall to reduce illegal crossings 4. Reducing tax burdens of the entire country 5. Promoting the teaching of actual America history and ideals within the school system 6. Achieved the highest employment rates and economic propserity of minorities of any president (hence why his popularity among them is freakishly high) 7. Is sticking it back to China who takes advantage of corrupt corporate deals at the expense of Americans 8. Getting our troops home (another broken promise and lie from Obama) 9. Exposing Big Tech and the Media's massively biased strangle hold on information platforms and their obvious bias / persecution...the list goes on.

Not everything he does works, but he's done a lot more than anyone else recently in American history.

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
Firefox on the PC, chrome has always collected more info than the others. Duckduckgo for search.
All of them monitor but some listen when the computer is off. To test my wife and I just talked about random products that we weren't interested in, the next day we had advertisements on the computer.

All of the new hitech phones have GPS, thinking about going with a cheap one just because.

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
Same, getting ride of FaceBook (never was on Twitter) and Amazon. Don't use Apple. Unfortunately Apple and Android (aka google) are the only choices for cell phone operating systems. But at least you can choose to use hardware not associated with google' s Android OS.

How this level of persecution does not raise massive red flags among Americans of any view point is beyond me. Censorship is censorship, regardless of which views are being censored. EVERYONE has a right to speak their views regardless of how right or wrong, good or evil they are.

Ideals generally rise and fall on their intrinsic merits. It is when only one view is able to be heard that ideals no longer rise and fall on merits, but on the propaganda effect. They essentially become forced and artificial.

For the record, just so no one can claim I'm some "trump worshiper", as a Christian, I see Trump as a broken and sinful man not so different from myself. He doesn't know everything, doesn't get everything wright and some time puts his foot in his mount. BUT, he is actually enacting the will of those who voted him into office and NOT forcing those who disagree with him to bow down to those ideals.

He is 1. Advocating for the right to life (pro-life) 2. Advocating the right to bear arms 3. Rebuilding the border wall to reduce illegal crossings 4. Reducing tax burdens of the entire country 5. Promoting the teaching of actual America history and ideals within the school system 6. Achieved the highest employment rates and economic propserity of minorities of any president (hence why his popularity among them is freakishly high) 7. Is sticking it back to China who takes advantage of corrupt corporate deals at the expense of Americans 8. Getting our troops home (another broken promise and lie from Obama) 9. Exposing Big Tech and the Media's massively biased strangle hold on information platforms and their obvious bias / persecution...the list goes on.

Not everything he does works, but he's done a lot more than anyone else recently in American history.
He exposed a massive level of corruption in our government and shown what the left is capable of. We should never forget that. Snowden needs to be pardoned.

Reactions: maggiepi

·
Registered
187 Posts
Firefox on the PC, chrome has always collected more info than the others. Duckduckgo for search.
All of them monitor but some listen when the computer is off. To test my wife and I just talked about random products that we weren't interested in, the next day we had advertisements on the computer.

All of the new hitech phones have GPS, thinking about going with a cheap one just because.
I would suggest Brave or Opera for a browser. The head of Mozilla Foundation which makes Firefox has spoken out in favor of deplatforming conservatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,047 Posts
I would suggest Brave or Opera for a browser. The head of Mozilla Foundation which makes Firefox has spoken out in favor of deplatforming conservatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But it is my understanding that Brave and Opera are both Chrome based. Is that not correct? Does that mean they are just similar to chrome or they actually run on chrome?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
So Chromium is an open source project that Google founded some time ago and is still open source. Chrome is Google's browser based on that open source project and is closed source AFAIK.
Microsoft just ported their Edge browser to the Chromium source also for better compatibility with websites.
I would hazard to guess that Brave and Opera are using Chromium as their source so they should be okay as it is open source and anyone can vet the code.

·
Super Moderator
12,047 Posts
So Chromium is an open source project that Google founded some time ago and is still open source. Chrome is Google's browser based on that open source project and is closed source AFAIK.
Microsoft just ported their Edge browser to the Chromium source also for better compatibility with websites.
I would hazard to guess that Brave and Opera are using Chromium as their source so they should be okay as it is open source and anyone can vet the code.
Thank you. That clears that up for me.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Who did you go with for a web browser. I am using Google Chrome and would love to ditch them but is there any that are any better?
I'm using Edge with DuckDuckGo for search. Also occasionally Firefox

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think people could make a real difference by voting with their dollars. Its hard though for a lot of people to stick to it. It needs to be a coordinated effort. The flip of it is more conservatives have financial interests in business than the opposite end.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I read where AR15.com has been de-platformed but I can still get on there so maybe it was some other web site.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm running Brave browser. It has integrated TOR for private tabbed browsing.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts