6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always looking for a project..........I've had this early version 22/45 in the safe for a while and decided to give it a few upgrades. First thing was a Volguartsen trigger accuracy kit. I did one of these previously on my 22/45 Lite, the difference is nothing short of amazing (thank you YouTube for how to's!). This pistol originally didn't come drilled and tapped so I installed a Weigand Machine rail that utilizes the existing rear sight dove tail. It locks in place securely (minor fitting required). To that I utilized Warne rings to mount the 2X7 Burris pistol scope......not exactly top tier but its clear and has generous eye relief. I added the Tandemkross Halo to help bolt cycling with the scope mounted. I was looking for something to accommodate primarily 25 to 50yd targets and this scope setup fits the bill for these old eyes. As configured its on the top heavy side but I'll likely use this pistol only for bench shooting so the weight may be an advantage if anything. Performance wise it seems to like anything CCI, the group in the photo is 10 shots at 25yds = 3/4" using CCI GreenTag . I think it will do better with more practice and a better rest...currently using one of those light plastic MTM things. Surprisingly it shoots Stingers almost as accurately as the GreenTag, so it could double as a varmint pistol. So far I'm pleased with how it turned out.....fuggly grips, stubby barrel and all!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,597 Posts
Looks good. Always nice when we can help an old friend adapt to serve our needs better as we get older.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Looks good! I had an early version with the bull barrel. It only liked high velocity ammo, and would jam with standard velocity. Was very accurate though. One of those I wish I had back.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I have that same Ruger 22/45. I sent mine back to Ruger to have it drilled and taped then added a Tandemkross rail. I think Ruger charged $90 to have it drilled and tapped plus shipped back to me. Stuck a Burris Fastfire Reflex sight on mine. Wish I could switch out the grips.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't have any connections to the company Tactical Solutions. I have two Ruger 22/45s and each has their barrels and other goodies. I think their website is tacticalsol.com

·
Registered
448 Posts
These things are fun. My first 22 pistol was a Ruger Standard that dad gave me. Decided several years ago that I wanted to fix it up a bit. Started out not wanting to do much, just clean up the trigger some. Then I wanted to get a Paclite receiver for it. That turned into just building a whole separate gun and and mixing parts to upgrade both.

So got a 1981 Ruger Standard 6" W/
AMT Lightening Trigger
MK III internals
Volquartsen Seer spring
Tandemkross MKII Hammer Bushing

6" TacSol Packlite on MKIII 22/45 frame W/
Volquartsen accurizing kit
TK Sling Shot mod
Hogue grips
TacSol Sight Rail
TacSol Accent silencer

Now I've just got to find a place and time to go have fun with them, more an issue of time than place. If I ever get both, I imagine it'll be an issue of ammo availability (IE: can't keep enough around). So far I've just carried the Paclite when deer hunting to pop armadillos.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have that same one as well, got the barrel threaded to be able to run a suppressor on it. What a sweet shooter it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts