6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
I found this forum and was tickled green (I don't think it would be cool to be pink) to find a place that discusses this fairly new cartridge and all of its potential. I believe there are big strides, yet to come, to be made with this little jem. I used to shoot a .270 Win. and did so on many of hunts. It was a preformer and I feel it is a good caliber for a great range of applications. I passed the gun on to my son and didn't replace it. I kicked this little round, about, for some time, deciding if it would fit the bill as a new shooter for me. I wanted a smaller cartridge , in a caliber .264 to .284, pleasent to shoot and perform at ranges out to 200 to 250 yards. I picked up a 23" barrel for my Contender and did a few rounds to see what this thing would do. I am very pleased and look forward to playing with some loads and fine tune it. I've been reading everything I can find on the 6.8 , hence I found this site. I want to absorbe as much as I can before I begin working on some loads for the different uses I want the gun for. Varmits to whitetails. I look forward to checking in here, often, and read whats being said here.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Let us know how the 6.8 Contender runs. I really should buy one, well after buying all the AR's I can in the next several months.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
674 Posts
From one Minnesota guy to another...

WELCOME!!!

For anything 6.8, you've come to the right place!! This board IS the cutting edge for 6.8 technology!!

Where in Minnesota are you located?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts