Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New to the forums, but not new to the 6.8. I bought a new Mini Ranch rifle in 6.8 back in 2008. Immediately I sent it off to Accuracy Systems for a custom build. I've owned the rifle now since then and it is extremely accurate and awesome. My issue that I've had since then is magazines. Pro mag is the only one I am aware of that makes 20rnd mags. Of all the info I've searched for every year, it seems to be the same outdated info of people trying to find mags. So here goes: Is there anyone out there that will make or does make a good quality magazine other than Pro-Mag? Will Ruger's new 300 BO magazine work by replacing the follower? If not, I am looking to sell my great Ruger Custom built rifle for a steal of a price.

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Woah - what a first post!!!Why don't we trade guns then your magazine problem will be solved!What do you mean by extremely accurate and awesome...Is that 5 shots in under an inch at 100 yards or 3 shots under 2 inches at 50 yards???What price are you selling it for ?

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Lack of a large capacity mag would not make me sell an accurate rifle. Those mini 6.8's are hard to find too. You'll find that most here use a 5 or 10 round mag for hunting. You might also consider building a 6.8 AR for high capacity. Parts are getting harder to find though, so now's the time.

That is a good lookin' rifle. You did a great job on accessorizing it.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I have a Ruger Ranch 6.8 that I just got back from ASI and it shoots sub 1/2 moa with Federal 115g Fusions and even tighter with my 90g GD hand loads.
I have a handful of the factory 5 round mags and a couple of ProMag 10 rounders and used to have a few ProMag 20 rounders till the fell out of the truck on the railraod tracks where they were run over by the Sunsetter Express and then sent to the scrap yard for scrap metal money!:a32:
Having a heavier barrel than factory seems to make the rifle a bit more dependable!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love my 6.8 as well

The mags are the hardest and biggest issue I've had. Using SSA, the mags jam, but they work decent with Hornady and S&B. Gunmagwarehouse has the 20rnd pro mags for $19. I just really wish I had a quality mag that performed and I could depend on. Has anyone tried the 300 blackout mags to see if they would take 6.8 with the follower? Also, for those looking, CDNN has the LWRC 6.8 for $1500 complete. I've been tempted to sell my mini and get the 6.8 instead. My 6.8 was built with the purpose I could use it for SHTF, hunting, defense, ect...so far, the mags are the only drawback to making that a reality. I've posted it for sale quite a bit. Been asking $1900 with everything but the scope. 6 mags, bipod. Never had any hits on it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
1900 isn't a steal

ill trade you a Bison 6.8 upper on an Anderson 5.56 lower and 1 mag

be free of your burden ...........................

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Appreciate the offer, but only thing I'd consider is cash So I could invest in another 6.8. Preferably an LWRC customized

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
A 300BO mag is a 5.56 mag, so no, it wont work for 6.8 due to the larger case.

For sale discussions need to go in the ee (50 post rule applies)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
The mags are the hardest and biggest issue I've had. Using SSA, the mags jam, but they work decent with Hornady and S&B. Gunmagwarehouse has the 20rnd pro mags for $19. I just really wish I had a quality mag that performed and I could depend on. Has anyone tried the 300 blackout mags to see if they would take 6.8 with the follower? Also, for those looking, CDNN has the LWRC 6.8 for $1500 complete. I've been tempted to sell my mini and get the 6.8 instead. My 6.8 was built with the purpose I could use it for SHTF, hunting, defense, ect...so far, the mags are the only drawback to making that a reality. I've posted it for sale quite a bit. Been asking $1900 with everything but the scope. 6 mags, bipod. Never had any hits on it.
You should get into reloading so that you can get high quality rounds loaded to a COAL that will work in your ProMags. That is how I roll!
$1900?? A bit steep and that is why you have never gotten any inquiries.
I think reloading is going to be your best option or stick with or steer clear of the SSA ammo which is loaded out longer than the mag allows. Doing this just might make you a happier Ranch 6.8 owner.
And you should hop on that LWRC Six8 at that price. I have not seen it priced that low ever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You should get into reloading so that you can get high quality rounds loaded to a COAL that will work in your ProMags. That is how I roll!
$1900?? A bit steep and that is why you have never gotten any inquiries.
I think reloading is going to be your best option or stick with or steer clear of the SSA ammo which is loaded out longer than the mag allows. Doing this just might make you a happier Ranch 6.8 owner.
And you should hop on that LWRC Six8 at that price. I have not seen it priced that low ever.
Appreciate the info. $1900 isn't steep at all if you look into accuracy systems. The only original mini piece on it is the action which has been slightly customized. The barrel was $800, SCAR CQB stock was $800 and the other options were a few hundred, not to mention the cost of the 6.8 ranch I had to buy and send in to be customized. Great gun but mags are not good for it.

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
You never make your money back on custom.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.