6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • Restocked w/sling
  • Accu Strut
  • Changed gas bushing to .050 (yet to test)
  • Installed flash hider with extended 11/16th roll pin and .005 brass shim stock
  • S&K scope rail (very secure) mounted with Burris FFIII in Burris cage
  • Got "M1Surplus" cheek rest on order

just need to shoot it.............been over 20 years
Mini 14 2.jpg
Mini 14.jpg

·
Super Moderator
22,019 Posts
She's a purdy lil' thang.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Thats sweet looking.

·
Registered
232 Posts
nice looking rig. What series is that? I started something similar with mine, (it's an 186 series). The accu strut did tighten the groups up some. we will have to make more adjustments on it with the gas bushing and trigger job.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice looking rig. What series is that? I started something similar with mine, (it's an 186 series). The accu strut did tighten the groups up some. we will have to make more adjustments on it with the gas bushing and trigger job.
183XXXX pencil barrel. I believe the stock from Mid-Way might be a Ruger second. It has the Ruger Eagle embossed on the butt pad and has sight finish blems on the wood. Suited my project just fine, very solid, longer LOP than old crescent butt, and a perfect fit to my early series rifle. The flash hider is one that I bought when I purchased the rifle but never mounted. I trimmed off the large muzzle ring that you see on a lot of them out there (just looked stupid IMHO). It appears to be milled from a quality stainless bar stock and is a good match to my barrel. I haven't seen any others exactly like it as of late. Without breaking the bank or creating sacrilege my project aim was to upgrade my Mini and at the same time give it a more classic "14" appearance. I'm happy with the result.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts