6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I have been letting the nieces and nephews use my Mini 6.8 because its a classic rifely pattern they were use to for their other shooting learning on guns air rifles and such. (No I didn't use a comma intentionally! Take that GRAMMER NATZIS!)

·
Registered
542 Posts
More than they're worth.
It all depends on how bad you want one. I would agree they are going for more than they should, but they are very hard to find in the area I live in here in Western Ohio. People grab them as soon as they are stocked. They are much better then they use to be. I have two Mini 6.8s as I call them and my son has one. The Mini 6.8 is the best of the bunch as far as I am concerned. I bought my first mini 14 in 1983 when I was stationed at Ft Ord, CA. Bought it for $200 with a hard case. Sold it to my best friend right before I went to Germany. Got my second one in 1991 at a gun show in Fayetteville, NC when I was stationed at Ft Bragg. I got a package deal of a Mini 14, Mini 30, Ruger Mk77 with a Manlicher Stock (30-06) and an 870 pump shot gun for a whopping $800. Boy was my wife mad (we had just had the don't spend any money on anything for a while since it was rather tight at the time conversation). The MK77 is a bush gun and has an 18 inch barrel, talk about a flame thrower. As I said before, the 6.8s are the better ones.

Reactions: Nontypical

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wanted one pretty bad. And I couldn’t find them anywhere. Now there are 3 on GB. Lol

·
Registered
542 Posts
He she is alongside my other 2 6.8’s View attachment 73485
Nice, let me know if you ever want to part with the Mini 6.8, I have more kids. As far as accuracy goes, you may get any whererfrom MOA to 3 MOA. If you are shooting more than 2 MOA check your gas block to make sure it is even. If you look at the gas block, you will see it has an upper and lower portion. It is held together by 4 allen head screws (torqued at 32 inch pounds). If the gap between the upper and lower portion is not even, it will affect your accuracy. I have one that I have to correct. Another thing you might want to look at is the gas bushing. The Mini will sling brass into tomorrow as it ejects the case. I got a couple from ASI. I wanted a .055, but akk they had was .050 and .060. So I bought a couple and drilled them out to .055 with a #54 cobalt drill bit. When I repair the gas block I will change the bushing too. I love mine, have fun with yours. After carrying an AR for 24 years, I'm rather partial to my Ruger Ranch Rifle 6.8 SPC.

Attachments

·
Registered
542 Posts
I wanted one pretty bad. And I couldn’t find them anywhere. Now there are 3 on GB. Lol
That's too funny! It took me about a year to find mine, then the same thing happened to me.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice, let me know if you ever want to part with the Mini 6.8, I have more kids. As far as accuracy goes, you may get any whererfrom MOA to 3 MOA. If you are shooting more than 2 MOA check your gas block to make sure it is even. If you look at the gas block, you will see it has an upper and lower portion. It is held together by 4 allen head screws (torqued at 32 inch pounds). If the gap between the upper and lower portion is not even, it will affect your accuracy. I have one that I have to correct. Another thing you might want to look at is the gas bushing. The Mini will sling brass into tomorrow as it ejects the case. I got a couple from ASI. I wanted a .055, but akk they had was .050 and .060. So I bought a couple and drilled them out to .055 with a #54 cobalt drill bit. When I repair the gas block I will change the bushing too. I love mine, have fun with yours. After carrying an AR for 24 years, I'm rather partial to my Ruger Ranch Rifle 6.8 SPC.
Thanks for the advice. Hopefully I’ll be able to test it out in the next week or 2 and go from there. I plan on keeping the rifled sights and only using it when the scoped Savage isn’t practical. And I don’t think I’ll ever sell it. Lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts