6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Interesting.

Velocity is listed as 2404.

The .223/5.56 Federal Equivalent load says it uses all new Federal components so even with the low velocity they could be a very good buy. At least you get a free ammo can.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I just found this myself, and was hoping to find both company and product reviews. I've found scattered reviews on other forums, that say they are legit and sell good product. Those are from established members on those forums, not from the one post trolls that you so often appear in those type threads. Can't find anything about their 6.8 though. I'm about to order a can as well, so I guess we'll be the guinea pigs.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Interesting.

Velocity is listed as 2404.

The .223/5.56 Federal Equivalent load says it uses all new Federal components so even with the low velocity they could be a very good buy. At least you get a free ammo can.

Keep us posted.
I just checked the product specs and it shows muzzle velocity of 2604.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thats still pretty slow for that bullet in a 6.8 round. I would to see some numbers when someone gets some.
CD, that's the same listed by Federal for the 90gr Gold Dot ammo, so at least that's consistent. Also, I read somewhere that Federal clocked these in a 14.5" barrel, so maybe as high as 2800 in a 18". Emphasis on "maybe". ;-)

·
Registered
8 Posts
It'd be great to have as a training round to play with the 5.56 kids in those tactical carbine classes and plinking at the range. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
299 Posts
If you look in the sticky thread about bullets, you will find that the 90gr GD expands pretty well at slower speeds.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice price. Do you have a chrono to test velocity when you get it in.
Yes I do but its dove, teal and about to be duck season so currently all of my shooting action is from a smooth bore. I will do my best but someone may beat me to the punch.

what was the shipping charge?
$12.99. Also I already have tracking so thats good.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Just got off the phone with these people, It's federal factory ammo, they buy it in bulk at discounted prices because the original packaging/boxes has scratches or dents in the boxes, so they unpack the discounted ammo and bulk it in the ammo can for sale.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Who is the "Federal Equivalent"? I see they're made in the USA but by whom?
I was wondering the same thing.
They are loaded by Mass Ammo to the 'same specs' (we will see but I dont see why they would false advertise) with all new components. Mass also produces reloaded ammo just like Freedom Munitions. Honestly I dont really care, its for plinking and keeping the once fired small rifle primer brass for my reloading efforts which costs about $.46 or more each new.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Just got off the phone with these people, It's federal factory ammo, they buy it in bulk at discounted prices because the original packaging/boxes has scratches or dents in the boxes, so they unpack the discounted ammo and bulk it in the ammo can for sale.
Cool. I live and work very near Federal's headquarters so I buy Federal whenever I can...and ya'll should too!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well if thats the case, upon inspection, i may buy a couple more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
I just checked the product specs and it shows muzzle velocity of 2604.
I stand corrected. Must have been tired eyes to see the 6 as a 4. Not the first time and probably not the last either. :a43:

1 - 20 of 133 Posts