6.8 SPC Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Bolt is sitting on the cam pin.... it’s bottomed our at the edge of pin hole. It looks it has radius preventing to pin from going through.
Carrier and bolt are non discript m16 style, no markings.
I also have palmetto marked carrier & bolt that is same. Pin will not go though bottom of hole.
Both bought 2011/2012
A49409CC-82AA-4F52-950B-F3A4A38660B3.jpeg

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
While your point is valid, I believe Harrison machines HIS bolts with a pin hole that is the same all the way through. As such, the pin WILL go in even if the bolt is installed up side down. This may have caused the OP to believe he had a left handed bolt.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Many bolts are peened to keep people from installing them backwards, but not all of them. I don’t know about H’s bolts, but I wouldn’t argue with him in the subject!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
What I would like to see is a picture of the bolt in question ( frontal view) with the pin installed so we can see the location of the extractor in relation to top of bolt . That would be all that was needed to prove it disprove the bolt is not the proper one .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,795 Posts
Funny we haven't heard from the OP since the first post.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Bolt is sitting on the cam pin.... it’s bottomed our at the edge of pin hole. It looks it has radius preventing to pin from going through.
Carrier and bolt are non discript m16 style, no markings.
I also have palmetto marked carrier & bolt that is same. Pin will not go though bottom of hole.
Both bought 2011/2012
View attachment 62861
You need a bigger hammer . As I said before not all bolts are the same and all " mil specs " parts are not the same as each other or even machined to " mil specs " . And the bolts that do allow the pin to go all the way through often build up a ring that prevents insertion . Fact is all of this is irrelevant since the op said it is an ARP bolt and his are drilled all the way thru .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
cam pin inserted all the way thru from both sides. I suspect the OP could have saved !40$ if he paid more attention to the assembly or asked for help after the gun did not function properly. On the other hand, no one knows at this late point in time. At least it shoots well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My guess is he realized the bolt was installed upside down from the post here, fixed it and hasn't been back lol

21 - 30 of 30 Posts